Euro vs shoulder

As you arrive in Harare airport there are rwo full body mounts, a buffalo and a rhino. Ind in departures a full lion male. The lion is encased in glass so he is still fully intact. The buffalo has had his ears a little scuffed by kids, but considering the number of people around him he looks good. The rhino is fully intact except for several scratch markes on the horn, exposing fibfe glass fortunately!
well done to the airport people though, I must find out who put the mounts there and thank them.
 
There are a few but I like the pedestals. I built them for the animal that is on them. I had my buf on the wall but it was over a door and too high to be noticed. I had no space big enough for the eland on a wall so he had to go on the floor. I have some wall space left if I go on another hunt.
All of those mounts are very very nice but that full body springbok is too cool. Will have to do one like that one day!
 
A good mix of Shoulder, Half, Full and Euro Mounts. That's what I believe a good trophy room should contain.
 
Your space is much larger than mine; however, as others have said, save the large spaces for special animals - either age, characteristics or an aspect of the hunt. I have 4 shoulder mounts: Elk (21 mile horse back ride just to get to camp and scored 348 - lifetime bull), Kudu (last day of first safari in Zimbabwe, bad shot, tracked for 6 hours then got it) and a Zebra/Sable (double pedestal after missing numerous animals due to buck fever in Mozambique). Eland, Impala, Bushbuck, Lichtenstein Hardebeest, Reedbuck and 2 Cape buffalo are all Euros and I love the mix.
 
Taxidermy looks so nice.... if you have the space, which I don´t.

So it´s only euro-mounts for me, and when I have more than one of the same species I give it my grandson.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,282
Messages
1,571,657
Members
169,390
Latest member
NTVReyes77
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top