Ethiopian Airlines With kids ?

Grz63

AH senior member
Joined
Sep 28, 2019
Messages
82
Reaction score
89
Location
Clermont-ferand , France
Media
1
Hunted
France, Canada, Namibia
Hi Everyone, I am planning a non-hunting trip, a mobile safari in 2027 June, with my partner and my daugther's family (inc 3 kids), from France or Frankfurt: Maun to Kasane + a couple of days in Vic Falls. Ethiopian Airlines could be a solution via ADD for MUB and VFA but the quality seems very poor according to the users comments (employees, delays, lost bags etc). What do think ? What do you recommend (Lufthansa -> JNB + airlink ?)
Philippe
 
lufthansa
just way easier especially from europe
air france, klm, also options
 
I flew ethiopian from IAD-ADD-HRE in 2021. The employees were fine, I personally had no delays, and did not lose any bags including my rifle, though, the airport in ADD was interesting. Very chaotic, and seemed to be operating by the seat of their pants with rerouting passenger foot traffic with a wall of employees at one point.

I cannot speak to lufthansa, but I have booked with them for this september, DEN-FRA-JNB with airlink for mozambique connection.

If it goes well I am planning to bring family to Namibia next year with DEN-FRA-WDH route. Or DEN-MUC-WDH.

In 2011 I flew Air france DTW-CDG-JNB. I think air france was better than ethiopian but it was also 10 years prior. It seems everything is getting worse with time.

Just my :S 2 Cents:
 
With kids, spend the money and go Lufthansa to Johannesburg, then Airlink to Maun and on to Kasane. I know it's more expensive. I know it adds a connection. I know it's tempting to take the direct-ish routing through Addis. But after doing both, I wouldn't put a family with young kids through Ethiopian if I had any other reasonable option.
 
@Landlock91 there is no additionnal connection in fact . No one of us is living near CDG nor FRA. We need to reach the airport with a flght or with the TGV. Then only one connection is the maximum in Africa: either ADD or JNB.
And more connection is more time.

According to tripadvisor (Fr) Ethiopian is 3/5 (7366 comments), AirFrance 3/5 (38095) and Lufthansa 3.5 /5 (44687). On Skytrax 2025 AirFRance is 8th, Luft 15th, KLM 21th, Ethiopian 38th , Eurowings (40th) . I was on the same position as you.
In 2022 I flew Eurowings to Windhoek, after the TGV from Lyon it was ok. In 2021 the Covid killed AirNamibia).

@VonJager it seems Ethiopian Airlines satisfaction level has decreased compare to 2021.
 
@Grz63 I used Ethiopian because I wanted to get to Zim with rifle and skip JNB. It worked, but not sure I would do it exactly the same again.

Like I said, everything, and every company seems to be getting worse. Enshittification
 
Ethiopian airline is a little scatter brained at times with their procedures but the employees do care. If you aren’t the type to worry about everything go for it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,841
Members
169,429
Latest member
AnnaDonagh
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top