English, American & European Gun Cases - Loads Of 'em

Just wanted to add that I received the oak and leather double rifle case. It is absolutely better than described and I’m ecstatic with it. Out of the many purchases I’ve made over the internet this is quite likely the best overall experience.
rookhawk, can’t thank you enough and will happily do business with you again. Wish I had a Purdey to fit the motor case!
Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
@Vagrouser I‘m glad you like it. There are some tricks you can do to the case to actually conserve it even further If you want to enhance the original condition:

1.) If you see any freckle on the leather that looks like old mildew, white vinegar on a Qtip rubbed gently will dissolve the mildew spot. (Not sure if there was any, but that’s how you tend to them)

2.) In addition to a very gentle vaccuuming of the case, you can buy a roll of cheap blue painters tape and use tape on all the wool baize inside. It will lift any dirt stuck to the wool without leaving any residue behind.

Enjoy!

Bump to the top. Still have a lot of nice cases available. I'll be moving soon and I'd be happy to sell a few to reduce the packing efforts.

could do with you being in the UK, I’m after an AYA motor case for a SbS 26” POW stock, plus a travel case for a Rigby Mauser

Regards

Tom

could do with you being in the UK, I’m after an AYA motor case for a SbS 26” POW stock, plus a travel case for a Rigby Mauser

Regards

Tom

@Tom7x57Heym

The cost of freight to the UK would likely exceed the value you'd derive from the transaction. I'm sure the vintage gun dealers in the UK would have a plethora of cases from you to choose from that would avoid the foreign transaction fees and international shipping charges.

One of the members here bought a case from me that was english new old stock. I dropped it off for him at the case fitter to have it laid out for his Merkel 500NE / 20g set.

These were the results he shared with me yesterday:

1668693343801.png

Plenty of cases remaining.

Thanks - I appreciate your help and expertise going through the details of the case; about as close to seeing in person as it could be.
I look forward to receiving…

Do you still have the following and if so, what is the price and need pictures:

• Leather and Canvas turn of the century rook rifle case (moritmer label affixed)
  • Circa 1900 English Leather lightweight safari case. (probably for a hammer rifle originally)

Do you still have the following and if so, what is the price and need pictures:

• Leather and Canvas turn of the century rook rifle case (moritmer label affixed)
  • Circa 1900 English Leather lightweight safari case. (probably for a hammer rifle originally)

I have both.

The rook rifle case Is fitted/finished interior. Very good original condition. $800

The lightweight safari hammergun case is gutted, ready for a new interior. (And priced for less as a consequence. $600

Send me a PM if you’d like more photos and details based on the prices provided.

Thank you for your quick reply. I will think about these.

English double rifle shipped to @uintahunter

I've browsed my inventory and I have about 15 extra cases ranging from $150-$1500 remaining.

Some of the highlights, roughly from least to most expensive:

American Leg of Mutton Shotgun Case (suitable for Winchester, Lefever, Fox, German / Belgian Imports

Faux (or real?) ostrich hard case for a small bore double rifle or shotgun. Midcentury.

High quality leather soft sided case. For a high end american shotgun. Leg O Mutton definition because its soft, but it is a rounded corner rectangle with locks on the buckle straps.

Mid-century American hard case. Gutted interior. Ready for build out.

Late 19th to early 20th century british lightweight safari case for a double rifle. Needs restoration and an interior.

New old stock British all leather brady cases (2) from the midcentury. Locks and keys. Ready to go. Currently fitted for 12 bore, easily converted to hold a rifle with lots of accesossories as they are generously sized.

New old stock mid-century 28 bore brady canvas and leather case for 26" barrels. Has a label from 1961 for Webley / Greener when they were combined. Pristine.

Very compact British rook rifle canvas and leather case. Mortimer label. Circa 1895-1910.

Other midcentury british new old stock including one for a drilling, kipplauf, or multi-barrel 12 bore.

Many others too.

A question I get a lot. "If I find the perfect case but my gun is weird and nothing will fit without customization, what does that cost?". I have a case fitter that will custom rebuild the interior of your case in any color of baize wool to your specifications for any gun. He charges $450 for this service. In many cases, I have a case so close to fitting perfectly, plus extra baize, so you can adjust your blocking yourself in about 45 minutes for a perfect fit anyway.

I also have a wide assortment of vintage case accessories including snap caps, jags, mobs, pouches, and other stuff that belongs in a case.

Hi rookhawk.
Any chance you have a lead on some .404 Jeffery snap- caps?

Will do, thanks for the suggestion.

3 cases sold and shipped to @rinehart0050

What’s left, in order of price low to high:

1.) 1920-1950 Leg o mutton case
2.) Midcentury or later ostrich (faux?) case
3.) WWII era canvas and leather hard case from an Indian retailer.
4.) Midcentury hard case for an American gun, nice.
5.) Late 19th-early 20th century English case. Gutted and ready for custom fitting.
6.) New old stock mid-century Brady case. Smallbore double gun or rifle type. Canvas and leather.
7.) New old stock mid-century Brady case. All leather. Up to 31” barrels. Will fit hammer, double, or shotgun.
8.) Late 19th to early 20th century British Rook rifle case. Canvas and leather.

Least expensive case is $125 plus shipping, Most expensive case is $1100. Most fall between those two extremes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg