Enfield vs. Mauser

Yes. I think they're about the only game in town to get one. That's who I got my other one from. My 'smith doesn't like them, and said my first one needed a ton of rework. Like, the barrel channel area was really flimsy and didn't have much 'glass in it. But, he reworked it and it's about like iron now. We pillar bedded it, cross bolted it, and free floated the barrel. So I guess we'll do the .458 the same way. It turned out nicely in the end. One big boo boo....the cera-kote man used the wrong stuff on the stock originally and warped it from heat. The 'smith had to do a lot of rework to get that sorted out. We won't do it on this one. I went with a cera-kote finish on the metal that looks like blueing, but it's supposed to be much tougher and weather resistant. I figured I'd be taking the .375 Roy to AK and wanted it weather proof. I would really have liked to have gotten a nice wooden Hannibal stock, but couldn't find any. I doubt I ever do it...but I "could" take this fiber glass one to stock duplicator and have them make a walnut one. We'll see....it might beat me up so much that it just sits on the rack :)
 
Flipper, I'm also having two 16 ounce mercury recoil reducers installed in the butt stock. Although, one of them will be "fairly easily" removable if it comes out too heavy. We'll see...
That should tame it some. My Lott is actually quite a bit lighter than my 375. Same rifle , but more bore and no scope. I do have QD mounts on the Lott and it has its own scope ready to go. Just in case. It’s really just an elephant rifle to me, as I prefer the 404 Jeffery for buffalo. Thank goodness for multi focal lens surgery. Iron sights no longer a problem
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,242
Members
169,303
Latest member
ClaribelMa
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top