Emirates - Worst hunting airline experience ever

I don't know what each individual U.S. airport's protocol is regarding firearms baggage but my experience has been sometimes it comes up the belt to the carousel and other times someone hand carries it to that area and checks the ticket numbers and my identification.

Not sure about other airlines, but American recently changed its policy for traveling with firearms. When I traveled in Feb, the ticketing agent place a tag on my bag and I had to pick it up at the baggage claim customer service area on my arrival (both ways). I think this was based on that jack A$$ in Florida who recently opened fire in the baggage claim area. While this took a little longer for me to claim my bag, I really did not mind because my bag was hand delivered to the agent and did not come out with everyone else's bags. The Agent then checked my ticket and ID before I could leave with it.

Not sure about other airlines, but American recently changed its policy for traveling with firearms. When I traveled in Feb, the ticketing agent place a tag on my bag and I had to pick it up at the baggage claim customer service area on my arrival (both ways). I think this was based on that jack A$$ in Florida who recently opened fire in the baggage claim area. While this took a little longer for me to claim my bag, I really did not mind because my bag was hand delivered to the agent and did not come out with everyone else's bags. The Agent then checked my ticket and ID before I could leave with it.

Grady, I'll be traveling stateside with a gun case this year on United. It will be interesting to see what their policy is with pickup. I would actually prefer to have what you described nationwide at all airports. I get somewhat rattled at the thought of my rifles coming up the carousel and a miscreant walking away with them. It's why I take a position opposite the feed belt.

I received notice earlier this week that they have a solution so you don't have to check valuables leaving Africa, insuring they are stolen. You carry on all electronics. When you connect in Dubai you give them to a flight attendant and they store them for you for the return to USA leg and they give them back when you leave the plane in USA.

Reasonable solution for emirates customers encumbered by this new rule.

That sounds like a line of BS. Where do they "store" them? According to the ban's wording, all affected electronics are supposed to go checked baggage, hence in the cargo hold, not in the passenger cabin. If they aren't doing this, they are not following the ban and I assure you some one will blow the whistle on this practice.

That sounds like a line of BS. Where do they "store" them? According to the ban's wording, all affected electronics are supposed to go checked baggage, hence in the cargo hold, not in the passenger cabin. If they aren't doing this, they are not following the ban and I assure you some one will blow the whistle on this practice.

"Emirates customers traveling to the US via Dubai will be able to utilize their laptops and tablet devices on the first part of their journeys, and also during transit in Dubai. They must then declare and hand over their laptops, tablets, and other banned electronic devices to security staff at the gate just before boarding their US-bound flight. The devices will be carefully packed into boxes, loaded into the aircraft hold, and returned to the customer at their Emirates US destination. There will not be any charge for this service.

Passengers on US-bound flights starting their journeys in Dubai are encouraged to pack their electronic devices into their check-in luggage in the first instance, to avoid delays.

Customers should be aware that there will be a detailed search of all hand baggage on non-stop flights to the US from Dubai. They should therefore declare their devices before the search, or ensure their electronic devices are packed into their check-in luggage in the first instance."

Rook, that's a better explanation. They way you stated it sounded like they were just going to hand them over to you as you left the aircraft. Now it looks like they'll be given back to you at their special services counter. Thanks for clearing that up.

Fair enough, @PHOENIX PHIL

Haven't been there with guns. Was advised against it by Steve Turner, cannot say as to why.

I would guess the primary reason would be the refueling stop in Senegal. As I understand it you don't get off the plane as with a normal stop, just gas and go........yeah I know how simple that sounds. You do get to 'enjoy' being sprayed by some sort of disinfectant from what I understand too. This is why I wouldn't do that flight unless I lived within short driving distance to Dulles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois