www.tokoloshesafaris.info
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International, Life Members Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
We just received news from one of our clients that his elephant which was taken in the Binga district of Zimbabwe has received USFW permit approval.

Cheers, Lon

Great news!

We just received news from one of our clients that his elephant which was taken in the Binga district of Zimbabwe has received USFW permit approval.

Cheers, Lon
What is the likely possibility of USA importation (if you know)?

Wonderful. SCI’s lawsuit has a lot to do with this good news

Excellent news and congratulations to your client.

Congratulations!!

Glad to hear. Might consider a trophy vs. own use now in 2024!

What is the likely possibility of USA importation (if you know)?
Hopefully 100 %. This hunter is extremely discreet as I believe we should all be. I will update as to his progress at sometime in the future.

We are waiting for elephant prices from our local council for 2022! As soon as we receive those prices we will have several trophy elephant available for the rest of 2022 at attractive pricing, all from the Binga district

I'm hearing many stories like the above one related to Zim elephants that were clogged up since Jan 1, 2016 due to the unlawful inaction by the USFWS.

So far all the approved elephant have been in these two categories:

1.) Named litigants in the USFWS lawsuit demanding review of import permits.

2.) Hunters that were represented by Conservation Force and were not named plaintiffs.

I have not heard of any "do it yourself" applicants getting any satisfaction as of yet. And frankly, it would be very dumb to attempt a "do it yourself" import process as one error or missed detail and USFWS can say "no, denied".

I have not heard of any approvals for sport-hunted elephant from the 2020-2021-2022 seasons as of yet which makes sense since I believe USFWS is trying to "un-bury" themselves from hundreds of applications that piled up over the past 6 years.

I'm hearing many stories like the above one related to Zim elephants that were clogged up since Jan 1, 2016 due to the unlawful inaction by the USFWS.

So far all the approved elephant have been in these two categories:

1.) Named litigants in the USFWS lawsuit demanding review of import permits.

2.) Hunters that were represented by Conservation Force and were not named plaintiffs.

I have not heard of any "do it yourself" applicants getting any satisfaction as of yet. And frankly, it would be very dumb to attempt a "do it yourself" import process as one error or missed detail and USFWS can say "no, denied".

I have not heard of any approvals for sport-hunted elephant from the 2020-2021-2022 seasons as of yet which makes sense since I believe USFWS is trying to "un-bury" themselves from hundreds of applications that piled up over the past 6 years.

I disagree on one of your points … just from a tactical standpoint and thinking out loud. I do not think it was or will be “dumb” to go it yourself on the permits. Make reps first. If you know they are not currently, nor for the foreseeable future, able to come back to the US; why not roll the dice on something that you didn’t believe you had any chance of getting back anyways? Clearly, they aren’t every likely to show up but what’s a couple hundred bucks across an elephant hunt if I catch a massively awesome outlier.

I disagree on one of your points … just from a tactical standpoint and thinking out loud. I do not think it was or will be “dumb” to go it yourself on the permits. Make reps first. If you know they are not currently, nor for the foreseeable future, able to come back to the US; why not roll the dice on something that you didn’t believe you had any chance of getting back anyways? Clearly, they aren’t every likely to show up but what’s a couple hundred bucks across an elephant hunt if I catch a massively awesome outlier.

I’m with Rookhawk on this one. If you want a chance of getting it home, use conservation force.

I'm not sure I understand your point.

There are several permits in question for an American. CITES international approval. Export approval from the African nation. Lastly, USFWS special permit or endangered species permit. The latter is the one for which they have taken years to act and then only under actual litigation by Conservation Force and DSC.

You have two options on when to apply for the USFWS permit. 1.) Before you hunt, 2.) After you hunt. The before you hunt is a non-starter because you cannot gain approval for a 2022 hunt if they grant the approval in 2176. So you will be applying post-hunt.

Then to the options of "how" to apply post-hunt.

A.) You can write up your own 50-100 page documentation in your own words. The USFWS would relish this because when they say "no, denied" your journey comes to an end.

B.) You can hire a law firm, Conservation Force, to write up your application. The USFWS sees that your lawyers are handling the permit and they don't F-around, have already won in court, and they are using already accepted intake forms, biological diversity studies, and they will adjudicate any inconsistencies raised by USFWS as CF is representing the super-majority of all applicants and they know what passes legal muster.

Preceding all these decisions, you need to be very savvy on whom you select as your operator and PH. They better have a long track record in that area to demonstrate local investment and they better be willing to open their books to show revenue and expenses. Most operations cannot or will not do either of these things. It seems clear from the success mentioned that @Tokoloshe Safaris does this. So does Mapassa safaris. They also are not connected to "Politically Exposed Persons" which is technical speak for corrupt politicians that show up on sanctions lists. Who owns the concession matters and most operators won't even tell you that little detail.

This is good news. Time to work on getting my elephant home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nanomaxloa

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you