Elephant Madness

The right away????
 
In the US when people are taught to drive, one of the core principles taught is who has the “right of way”... I think this is what’s being referred to...

Basically this references the rules of when vehicles are in each other’s path or at intersections, who has permission to go first, who has to yield, who has to move, who gets to stay in place, etc...

Elephants always have the right of way lol... they yield for no one...
 
OOPS! Let out the "of".
 
Lets have some thoughts on this.

Is it a cow or a bull in your opininion?
What did the driver do right?
What did he do wrong?
Could this have been avoided?
He shouldn’t have been driving a Toyota! Ha! Ha!
 
Obviously a very pissed off cow so chances are there was a young calf either at foot or in the herd. Was it the matriarch? Could be one of the other ugly step sisters that usually like to play the enforcer role . I can’t see the driver using his cell phone but do hear the hand brake being engaged. I suspect that after the second charge and the cow heads off he thinks she going back to the herd. The cow is showing typical intimidating body posture , ears erect above head, head and tail up and body puffed up as she is trying to look big and daunting. What happens next catches this driver off guard! She withdraws and gives the impression that she is satisfied with her tactic , driver is probably thinking she was bluffing and all’s good . Then when she is out of sight she drops the ears and tail, then cunningly using the bush as cover comes full tilt at the van. She does however look as though she is not fully committed and if he had used the hooter maybe she would have either turned or pulled up?
Then we see her move off and return to the ears , head and tail up pose dry proud of her achievement!
 
What does it mean when elephant has a tail up?
 
Tail up means it’s feeling frisky as would be the case with a difficult horse! It indicates a state of agitation and alertness call it a fragile code orange .
Interestingly after the contact it she retreats in submissive pose ie with ears agains the head and head at an angle looking back with one eye as young bulls often do when sparring with one another and expecting retaliation!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,974
Members
169,672
Latest member
Matt Price
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top