Elephant Madness

Oops, I guess the last charge was not a bluff. Anyone with clean shorts :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I won’t be showing this video to my fiancée, she might not let me get on the plane for my safari!

But the important questions remain: is this covered by insurance? If so, what drawing would be made in the description? :D

Secondly, the calm of the driver should be commended, he didn’t utter one word during the charge...

Last edited:
Hard on radiators as well.

Poor guy did everything right ! Hope that’s not coming out of his pay check! If so guess who’s applying for a problem animal license!

And there he was...just minding his own business!!

image.png
image.png

Lets have some thoughts on this.

Is it a cow or a bull in your opininion?
What did the driver do right?
What did he do wrong?
Could this have been avoided?

@IvW

Thoughts from a total novice:

Cow

Stopped when driver saw the herd and didn’t panic when approached

I think staying after the elephant bluffed/mocked was a mistake...probably should have backed up as the elephant left

Finding a new line of employment...

Last edited by a moderator:
@IvW

Thoughts from a total novice:

Cow

Stopped when driver saw the herd and didn’t panic when approached

I think staying after the elephant bluffed/mocked was a mistake...probably should have backed up as the elephant left

Finding a new line of employment...

Sent from my iPhone using New Forum mobile app
Some good points there....

Kind of a bitch when you're hooked to a trailer during an incident like that lmao great video!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

The trailer certainly added a complication he didn't need at that time, otherwise I think the outcome would have been different and much less damaging

Well looks like most are reluctant to chime in or give opinins, so here is my observations.

Yes it is a ciow elephant and judging by the tusk and body size probably the matriach.

She is either heavily pregnant or has a suckling calf at foot, seen from her swolen and large mammaries.

The elephant crossing the road show small calves, alarm bells shouls start ringing...
Driver notices this paying atention and he spots the elephant aproaching from the left side...
he backs up....
when she approaches he revs the engine and when she mock charges he bangs the side of the truck....all correct procedure....she breaks off the charge....
On the first mock charge it can clearly be seen she is swinging her trunk around and just trying to protect her herd and giving the treat a warning..

Then things go pear shaped....

She turns around and heads off..tail cocked all the way up...the driver assumes the threat is over....he pulls up the hand brake/park8ng brake cearly audible....gets his phone instead of paying attention.....at this point he should have backed up slowly trailer or not....but instead he is focused on his phone....
The elephant takes exception to this silently making a u turn and goes into full charge mode, trunk curled up, the driver does not see sh.t because he is busy with his phone and only realises he is in trouble when the elephant hits the truck and being in N and with the park brake on he can only hit the accelerater which ony causes the engine to rev up......

If he baked up when she turned and left and even if she came again and he revved the engibe and banged the door as the first time he may have come out without contact......

My 2 c

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!