Eight Killed By Crocodiles Since 2019

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles

LAST year Ruhepo Shighongo got up at 07h00 to fetch water from the Okavango River before going to work.

She never returned. Shighongo (30) was killed by a crocodile at Rudhiva village, north of Divundu, in the Kavango East region.
Her sister Febronia (33) recalls the day neighbours, who had been at the river, arrived to tell her Shighongo was attacked by a crocodile.

“When we arrived at the river, a crocodile was holding my sister up in its mouth, taking her to an island in the river. I could see she was dead,” Febronia says.
She says her sister was employed at a nearby supermarket and was the family's breadwinner. She left two children behind.

Despite officials from the Ministry of Environment, Forestry and Tourism taking the family's details with the aim of providing them some form of compensation for their loss, Febronia says they haven't received a cent.

Attachments

• Screenshot_21.jpg
    Screenshot_21.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 164
Our PH in Botswana last month had to hire a new tracker for our hunt. Apparently, his old tracker was crossing the Limpopo River to cross over from Botswana to South Africa in order to fetch his passport. He was never seen or heard from again. Croc?

Seems a horrible way to die. I suspect that the toll for the entire Continent, if known, would be quite high. I have always approached the brown water, whether in Africa or Australia, with caution. Thanks for posting............FWB

I read where Lake Cahorra Bassa crocs claim a hundred a year. A few year ago, I saw hundreds during a fishing trip there. Hippos were also plentiful.

While in Tanzania our PH's were talking about one of their concessions where the croc's were part of the anti poaching. They claimed that the crocs had learned to overturn the dugouts and eat the occupants...........
Bruce

I believe they call that "racial profiling"

I read where Lake Cahorra Bassa crocs claim a hundred a year. A few year ago, I saw hundreds during a fishing trip there. Hippos were also plentiful.
I took this 15 footer from Lake Cahorra Bassa in 2018. He had killed a woman washing clothes a few months before. He was also hell on the local dogs that got near the lake.

Resized_20210523_143717.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just another day in Africa!

Just another day in Africa!
Probably do but it's concerning for those of us that dont live with it as a part of normal life.
No doubt the world over there are statistics of stuff that would scare us.

Crocs in Africa, blacks in Chicago. Kill, kill.

Ugly creatures! Maybe I should shoot one of them!

DHH I like that mount! When you mount one like that the skull is part of what is mounted. Correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesDet

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.