Easy Currency Conversion Using An iPhone

jpr9954

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Joined
Feb 16, 2021
Messages
3,845
Reaction score
33,944
Location
North Carolina
Articles
6
Member of
NRA, SAF, SCI, DSC
Hunted
South Africa
When traveling abroad you will often need or want to know how items priced in the local currency translate to your home currency. Reading a travel blog, I found a quick and easy way to do it on the Apple iPhone. There may be something similar for Android phones but you need a dedicated app for that.

After opening the calculator app that comes with the iPhone, look at the upper right corner where you will see an icon of a calculator.

Calculator 1.jpg


When you click on that icon, you will be given multiple choices including "Convert". Select Convert.

Calculator 2.jpg


Once you've selected Convert, you will now be able to convert back and forth between the local currency and your home currency. In my case, I used the South African Rand for the local currency and the US dollar for my home currency. Not all African currencies are available. I did find the Namibian dollar, the South African rand, and the Central and West African franc along with a number of North African countries. Countries like Botswana, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe are not listed. In that case, I would suggest a website like XE.com.

Calculator 3.jpg
 
Nice feature! Had no idea it was there, TY (y)
 
Problem is they use the best Forex rates between large institutions. Us poors do not get that.
 
Problem is they use the best Forex rates between large institutions. Us poors do not get that.
Still, if you using a credit card without any transaction fee for foreign charges, you will get close to the interbank rate.
 
Interesting feature. Even if it not exact it will still be fairly close. Thanks for pointing this out.
 
Yes. I use one constantly. The link I use is listed in my search history page. I open the page and click on the link for updated, real time currency conversion. I use it about once every two weeks for international transfer. Also handy to track conversion rates to take advantage when favorable USD rates jump. I just sent some money to family 20 minutes ago after noticing a spike in USD conversion.
 
Thank you very much for posting this!!
 
Thanks
Very helpful!
 
Learned something new today! Thank You
 
Yes, I was aware of that feature, but I prefer to use the Xe app.
 
Damn ain't that handy?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,360
Members
169,537
Latest member
FaeDelano
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top