Dulles parking

Hogpatrol

AH ambassador
Joined
Apr 13, 2013
Messages
10,591
Reaction score
39,100
Location
Delaware, USA
Media
104
Articles
6
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Need eighteen days, any recommendations or experiences. I see costs from six bucks and change to nine and change.
 
I've flown from Dulles on all my overseas hunts and found it's much cheaper to get someone to drop me off and pick up, or Uber. If you live far enough away for those options to be unfeasible, the cheapest airport parking is the long-term parking lots. they are a ways from the terminal, but shuttles every 15 min or so. I've done all three.
 
Check to see if there is a hotel that does long term parking for those who stay at the hotel.

Also see if there is a long term parking lot called The Parking Spot. On my last hunt I used them in Denver, they were cheaper than the other parking lots.
 
I've flown out of Dulles twice 1-12 day trip and 1-28 day trip. My third trip out of Dulles is in 63 days, on a 43 day RSA trip.

First trip: I used the open long term parking area. I didn’t feel comfortable in a security sense, and leaving my vehicle out in the open, in late May early June, DC weather.

Second trip: I used the parking garage. Traveling to Zimbabwe and RSA mid May through mid June. I felt better having my vehicle sheltered from the DC weather and a tad bit more security comfort.

As for this upcoming trip: departing Dulles on 27 April and returning 09 June. I haven't decided on which alternative to go with: A or B. I'm leaning more towards B.

A. Long term parking for 43 days in airport garage parking. The Pro: having my vehicle handy to head home or to rest up at a nearby hotel after return arrival. The Con: the costs of 43 days of long term garage parking.

B. Rental car. Round trip car rental fees would be slightly more or less than long term parking fees. The peace of mind not worrying about my vehicle being vandalized or stolen while I'm gone would be a big mental relief.

C. As previously mentioned; However, not an option for me on this trip is staying at a hotel prior to, and possibly on return, that offers long term parking in a designated parking area of their or a nearby parking lot.

This Option C can become very unnecessarily expensive, very quickly, and at the most inopportune time, up on return arrival to the US. And there is little to no guarantee about the security of one's vehicle from vandalism or theft.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,671
Members
169,814
Latest member
TREChara7
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top