DSC Response to Lion Hunting Debacle

That's good.

And I'm not being negative here, but I wonder how many people that aren't a member of DSC will actually watch the video, or even know it exists?

@IdaRam made a point that perhaps we need to start with educating hunters (that don't hunt Africa) first, so maybe this video helps to accomplish that?

A sane unemotional report on hunting in Africa, I'd expect no less.

That's good.

And I'm not being negative here, but I wonder how many people that aren't a member of DSC will actually watch the video, or even know it exists?

@IdaRam made a point that perhaps we need to start with educating hunters (that don't hunt Africa) first, so maybe this video helps to accomplish that?
You are right in that nearly all of us only read things that interest us.

It is a good video that speaks to the right points. I hope many people view it!

DSC deserves our thanks and whole hearted support for this message. About time... a voice in the wilderness.
Hopefully SCI and others are not far behind.
Once again, I'll post this link to Michael Bane's comments on Down Range Radio. Worth listening to. Start at minute 29:20.

Nemsis Arms, Ruger Redhawk and that Lion...
http://outdoorchannel.com/down-range-radio

Good statement, I think terminology should be changed...."sport hunting", rather "ethical or legal" hunting.

Sorry to sound grouchy but it should have been said a long time back, when the fire was hot.

I cannot disagree with you enysse. I feel the same way, and I am quite confident that message has been received loud and clear by DSC. I hate to say it, but I'm not sure if that message has pierced the SCI bubble.
However, speaking only for myself, I have the feeling of better late than never. At least the message was the right length, on target and well delivered. It's something I can get behind. As long as that's not it, one and done, I can get behind DSC and support the message and the effort.

I agree with everyone here. Week's too late , and who is viewing this message? I m quite sure this message will not be broadcast on main stream media. How could it, it's too long. So while worthwhile and a good message how will it reach the anti hunting community? Is this a message to please outraged hunters like ourselves who have been critical of DSC, SCI and others for no response? DSC and SCI need to find a way, and I still believe a PR firm should be retained to counter attack these issues when they arise.

Good statement, I think terminology should be changed...."sport hunting", rather "ethical or legal" hunting.
Simon, I think the terminology is unimportant really. Who is viewing this message? Just us hunters, and we know what it is . This message is basically worthless if it only reaches us. This statement should be put out into print ad in major newspapers and magazines like Time and other major publications.

I agree with Simon, the media has made the word "sport" or "trophy" hunter toxic poison

11752571_1639627229638370_5712610453832075971_n.jpg

Attachments

• 11752571_1639627229638370_5712610453832075971_n.jpg
    11752571_1639627229638370_5712610453832075971_n.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 145
Nicely stated, used facts, and quoted Fish and Game..... Much better than CNN's version!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidjourn

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.