DSC Big Bore shoot

camlo

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
When I saw the email in my inbox I jumped at the opportunity to sign up for this shoot in April. Who all is planning on attending and what has it been like in previous years?

I leave for Africa on 4/15 and will use this as a last chance practice round. I’ll be bringing my No1 in 416 rem mag. I look forward to seeing some of y’all there.

It is a blast! You'll have fun. Unfortunately I'll be out of town that weekend. Bring a handkerchief to keep the drool wiped off your face while looking at all the fantastic guns.

I haven’t done it in a few years…but it’s a really fun and well executed event…

You’ll have a great time

I haven’t done it in a few years…but it’s a really fun and well executed event…

You’ll have a great time
Same. It is a lot of fun. If you have an R8 in .375, bring it. Big advantage over those cranking Mauser clones.

Hard to beat a day of hanging out with your big-rifle friends, talking rifles, shooting rifles...

Register early, limited space.

It is a great event. I try to go every year but can't make it this year. Will be chasing nilgai in South Texas with a big bore though, so good excuse.

If you can make it, register now and do it. It's a blast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabe

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg