Draw results 2022

It's my favorite way to hunt. Really tests your skills and at time patience.
I picked up hunting late in life. I'd never really considered hunting at all until my dad retired in 2019 and invited me to South Africa to celebrate. My first big game animal ever was a Zebra. I've since hunted successfully in Romania, but still haven't connected on anything here on my home continent. I've been up looking for deer and bear a few times over the last couple of years, but haven't bumped into one yet. The guys at work only hunt with bows, so if I want to join their club I need to pick up archery, and my dad's group rides dirtbikes, so if I want to hunt with them I need to work on that skill.

I picked up hunting late in life. I'd never really considered hunting at all until my dad retired in 2019 and invited me to South Africa to celebrate. My first big game animal ever was a Zebra. I've since hunted successfully in Romania, but still haven't connected on anything here on my home continent. I've been up looking for deer and bear a few times over the last couple of years, but haven't bumped into one yet. The guys at work only hunt with bows, so if I want to join their club I need to pick up archery, and my dad's group rides dirtbikes, so if I want to hunt with them I need to work on that skill.
Sounds like you've at least got a group of folks to help mentor you. If you haven't already grab a bow ASAP and start slinging a couple dozen arrows each night after work. You might even consider a few lessons from your local proshop. Not sure what part of ID you're in but there are several decent shops out there that can get you spun up.

If you need, I was gonna throw a brand new Bowtech Solution, RH #70lb bow up on ebay once back from Africa at the end of July. It's still in the plastic wrap and box it came in. Not sure what your budget is but you're welcome to have first dibs before I list it.

Sounds like you've at least got a group of folks to help mentor you. If you haven't already grab a bow ASAP and start slinging a couple dozen arrows each night after work. You might even consider a few lessons from your local proshop. Not sure what part of ID you're in but there are several decent shops out there that can get you spun up.

If you need, I was gonna throw a brand new Bowtech Solution, RH #70lb bow up on ebay once back from Africa at the end of July. It's still in the plastic wrap and box it came in. Not sure what your budget is but you're welcome to have first dibs before I list it.
I purchased a bow a couple of months ago. I just haven't made it to the pro shop to get it adjusted and buy some arrows. Sometimes time gets away from me. I've got space on my property to shoot, so I just need to get on the ball. I'm a lefty, so a RH bow wouldn't fit me. I appreciate the offer, though.

I purchased a bow a couple of months ago. I just haven't made it to the pro shop to get it adjusted and buy some arrows. Sometimes time gets away from me. I've got space on my property to shoot, so I just need to get on the ball. I'm a lefty, so a RH bow wouldn't fit me. I appreciate the offer, though.
Not a problem. If you’re anything like me, you’ll find shooting your bow is a great way to relax and destress. Stop dragging your feet and fully jump in on bow hunting.

Archery is a great way to send stress and tension down range after a long day at work. (I’m also a lefty) Idaho has lots of great walk in areas, and still has a sound management system. Right now Is the perfect time to seek out those waterholes that you can hunt antelope from later in the summer. Scouting now is just part of the fun!

I went into the pro shop before the weekend and got my bow set up and some arrows. My consistency is getting better at 20 yards. Still having trouble figuring out the sights. I lost an arrow trying to extend my range to 30 yards. It's in the pasture somewhere, but I spent 30 minutes looking for it and couldn't spot it. I've been shooting a couple dozen arrows a day, and I have an archery lesson set up for this week.

20220704_200031.jpg

On the topic of the thread, my dad drew a pretty nice elk rifle tag here in Idaho, so we'll likely devote some time to scouting that area over the next couple of months. It's a tag you might get once in a lifetime and there are supposed to be some big fellers in that zone.

As your archery arm strength improves your groups will get better and THEN is the time to adjust your sights as needed. Elk hunting during the rut is my favorite, I hope you can get on some good bulls

I drew one of the hunting draw lotteries for ARIZONA DESERT BIGHORN SHEEP this week. 14 points. Unit 45C DBHS late hunt.

Per 2021 statistics, roughly 48,000 hunters’ applications in 2 phases for 127 resident and nonresident tags (only 13 nonresident tags).

Results posted & I hit. 0.0026% chance of hitting as an Arizona nonresident. Blessed and ecstatic, TheGrayRider.

Struck out on elk in a few states but just got our WY antelope tags in the mail. Decided not to collect too many points and just go hunt before the rumored rules and quota changes. Anyone know how the herds are doing on the east side of the state?

Struck out on elk in a few states but just got our WY antelope tags in the mail. Decided not to collect too many points and just go hunt before the rumored rules and quota changes. Anyone know how the herds are doing on the east side of the state?
In general, not good. They've cut back tags significantly as a result.

Agree with Cornell Cowboy. I did not even draw an Antelope tag this year as a resident. They did cut the tags back due to drought and winter kill. They probably should have done it three years ago.
On Monday of this week I drove from Casper over to Lander and probably saw a total of 30 Antelope. Does not mean they are not out there but I was surprised to see so few.

Agree with Cornell Cowboy. I did not even draw an Antelope tag this year as a resident. They did cut the tags back due to drought and winter kill. They probably should have done it three years ago.
On Monday of this week I drove from Casper over to Lander and probably saw a total of 30 Antelope. Does not mean they are not out there but I was surprised to see so few.

I remember when they were telling us we could shoot a second male if we would just kill five does first. Nobody wanted that many antelope so the herd stayed way too big and a monster blizzard stacked them up like cordwood. They’ve never gotten back to those numbers since.

I remember when they were telling us we could shoot a second male if we would just kill five does first. Nobody wanted that many antelope so the herd stayed way too big and a monster blizzard stacked them up like cordwood. They’ve never gotten back to those numbers since.
I remember those days!

Reactions: WAB
I killed some good antelope north of Rawlins in those days.
That is where I hunt Antelope and the quality has really gone down the past number of years. Still some good Antelope in there but they are few and far between.

Dang, well we will see what happens... with the hunt this fall and with the WY herd the next few years.

Once the dust settled, I drew a few tags for 2022. WY buck antelope, MT doe antelope with daughter and buddy, UT doe antelope, HW axis/sheep. I'll hunt deer and elk in ID on OTC and OTC capped, as well as lions with my hounds. I may hunt 3rd rifle OTC elk on CO with family, but depends. Hoping to help on friends' tags for bull moose in the unit I live in, bighorn in the Frank Church and a NV late season bull elk tag my buddy's dad drew that I drew and hunted last Nov....then it'll be back to submitting apps. It'll be a full season and I'm stoked.

Once the dust settled, I drew a few tags for 2022. WY buck antelope, MT doe antelope with daughter and buddy, UT doe antelope, HW axis/sheep. I'll hunt deer and elk in ID on OTC and OTC capped, as well as lions with my hounds. I may hunt 3rd rifle OTC elk on CO with family, but depends. Hoping to help on friends' tags for bull moose in the unit I live in, bighorn in the Frank Church and a NV late season bull elk tag my buddy's dad drew that I drew and hunted last Nov....then it'll be back to submitting apps. It'll be a full season and I'm stoked.
Congrats on all the draw results.
I'm still waiting on Tennessee's draw results.

Congrats, the Moose and NV Elk Hunts should be a lot of fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkdagasv388

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg