Double Pedestal Mount Question

My wife and I have booked our first safari for April 2022. We will both be hunting kudu and are considering taxidermy options if we are successful. If finances allow, we would really like a double pedestal mount like the image below. For crating/shipping, and to potentially get it down our 3' wide stairway to our basement, is it possible for the horns or the mounts (or both) to be removable from the base?

View attachment 420384
Good day @Scandalous Bob. Yes it is possible to remove the horns for shipping purposes. The kudus in the image below disassemble into a number of parts for that reason. If you have any further queries please don't hastate to contact me.

Kudu 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I have booked our first safari for April 2022. We will both be hunting kudu and are considering taxidermy options if we are successful. If finances allow, we would really like a double pedestal mount like the image below. For crating/shipping, and to potentially get it down our 3' wide stairway to our basement, is it possible for the horns or the mounts (or both) to be removable from the base?

View attachment 420384
Good day.
Thank you for your message.
Splitting Image Taxidermy we will do everything we can to ensure shipping costs are as low as possible. Our pedestals are all mounted that they are detachable from the base. 99% of Kudu horns are detachable and can be reattached once your pedestal is in its final location.

Please feel free to reach out with any further questions, we look forward to being of assistance.

Please go to our website www.splittingimagetaxidermy.co.za or email us at info@splittingimagetaxidermy.co.za if you would like to request a quote and/or pricelist.
Kind Regards,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LashawnHay

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,