Does an all round TSX or TTSX exist?

I second everyone that says one load. You will for sure have the wrong load in the gun at some point.

I set up with 300g TSX for my 375 when I thought I would need it for my buffalo hunt (managed to break the stock on my 404 at the last minute and purchased a 375 just in case). Did not end up needing the 375 for the buffalo hunt and took it on a plains game hunt the next year. The 300g TSX is just fine for plains game.

The 270g LRX does sound like it would be fun to play with and no doubt it would work well on plains game. Probably work fine on buffalo as well, but there is clearly no need for the better BC on a buffalo hunt, so why not use the 300? If I were going on a plains game hunt somewhere that I thought I could benefit from the better trajectory of the LRX 270, that is all I'd be bringing.

I'll add to it as well. I have 300 grain TSX @ 2,550 ft/s loaded for my .375 H&H. You are good from point blank range to 300 yards easy.

Forgot to mention on one hunt I only used the 300 Barnes TSX. It killed a Cape buffalo, worked fine in the kill triangle on a bushbuck, and messed up the skull on a 25 yard frontal brain shot on a fine bushpig. Only thing left on the bushpig was the tusks. Oh and a duiker at maybe 15 yards. The duiker ran another 25 and the bushbuck ran maybe 15 yards.
9126FD91-7BDD-4668-A7F6-A2ACC1D4D9E6.jpeg

So, the 300 Barnes worked OK at both ends of the game spectrum. But I lost a couple of jackals in heavy cover I know I hit well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you