Dock workers strike

Moe324

AH fanatic
Joined
Jul 31, 2024
Messages
503
Reaction score
1,889
Media
62
Hunting reports
Africa
6
Had I not added 2 mounts to my order I would probably have crates stuck in this mess. Anyone caught up with crates now stuck in the port or close to it? Makes me wonder if I want to do boat shipping when they are done. Would love to hear the pros and cons. I'm in Ohio and was thinking about getting them shipped to Baltimore or Newark.
 
I have a shipment due to arrive in NY 10/3. I’m waiting for an update and expecting bad news.
 
I have to wonder what 2nd- and 3rd-order effects there may be to air freight shipments if the longshoreman strikes go on for very long. Shipping is already expensive.
 
Well, they have gone back to work for 60 days while they try to sort this all out. Hopefully all of us with Trophies in transit will get ours delivered in the interim. No update on mine yet, but I am certainly feeling more hopeful.
 
I see they agreed to go back for 60 days for a 60% wage increase. The automation part is what will be trickier I think.
 
I bet the raise they are getting is going to swell shipping prices even more
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,248
Messages
1,569,727
Members
168,757
Latest member
gutachterkohlemann
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top