Cliffy

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
i have a distant relative who has passed away leaving several very good trophies in his house that the family will want to get rid of. 2 very big Elk, 2 very big Caribou and several really nice deer (Cous and Mulies). Any one know of any way the family can realize a few dollars from these? The family is NOT by any means well off and could use the money to help with burial expenses as both the mother and father passed away within 1 month of each other.

Wish I could help you.
Only places I have seen are auction houses.

cliffy

There are a few businesses that do sell trophy at auction one that i know of is out of Texas that i receive blips from and the other was out of North Dakota.

I am sure that a search should bring up some phone numbers for them to contact.

Now if the Animals mounts are big as you suggest they could contact Cabelas, and Bass Pro and others as they do purchase trophy's for there stores.

To move quickly and easily i would try their local craigslist.com under sporting goods.

Thanks guys. We have the funeral a week from tomorrow so I'll know more next week

Cliffy sorry to hear of your family loss! One place they can do pretty good at if they have a little time on their hands is Lolli Brothers - Macon MO - Sales and Auction > Misc. Auctions/Items they have an Exotic animal sale 4 times a year and the next one coming up is in April in conjunction with the animal sales the have a Taxidermy sale where they bring pretty good prices You can check them out online. Bob

Tues, April 9
Check-In
8 am - 9 pm
Swap, Nursery, &Taxidermy
(All Nursery
animals will go
through the auction on Wed)

I will ditto Bob on Lolli Bros. In most of their sales they will have entire tropy rooms for sale. Hundreds of trophies in some of their sales. They will have interior decorators there for restraurants etc. buying the trophies.

I would have suggested Lolli as well but for a limited number of trophies with shipping fees and auction commission....they probably won't come out ahead enough to make it worth while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.