Developed first load / got first kill

Thunder head

AH enthusiast
Joined
Apr 2, 2009
Messages
360
Reaction score
42
Deals & offers
1
Media
18
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
3
Member of
NWTF, NRA
I wanted to replace my factory coyote loads with handloads.
My scope is reticled to a specific load so i had to reproduce velocity first then see about the accuracy. I was pleased with the results.
Factory
P1020243.jpg


Hand loads
P1020242.jpg


This one wont be killing any fawns !!!
I set up in my favorite spot at daylight. I waited 15-20 minutes to make sure i had good shooting light. I turned on the fawn distress. I was about 17 minutes into my sequence when i spotted a yote coming under the fence. She trotted towards the caller and then started hopping trying to see over the grass. When she stopped for half a second i let her have one. She was quartering too and i didnt make the best shot, but she only made it 70 yards. She had lost alot of her hair and even though she didnt have any sores on her i decided not to touch her at all.
DSC00719.jpg
 

Attachments

  • P1020243.jpeg
    P1020243.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 284
  • P1020242.jpeg
    P1020242.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC00719.jpeg
    DSC00719.jpeg
    440.7 KB · Views: 279
Are black coyotes common in your area?
 
Yes,
I have trail camera pics or have seen black or partialy black coyotes in both the countys i normaly hunt in.
 
I never saw a black coyote before. That would make a nice hide if it was winter time!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,144
Members
169,905
Latest member
Vaughn9005
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top