Deposits

Has anybody use Money Gram? Terrific and quick.Within hours you will have your money.Any comments?
PayPal like any institution is a money spinner bad to the bone. :dancing:

This line of questioning just got me going on an investigative roll.

Here is what I found, thus far.
I am looking at sending a small amount R1000.
For large amounts I may just keep using that bank for certainty sake.

Todays posted exchange 8.8869 online.
(I know the rate is semi false but its a baseline because no one will give you that exchange rate really.)

Costs are with exchange included where possible.

Moneygram
exchange 8.536936
Fee: $15.00
COST: 19.61

World Remit
Exchange 8.72295883
Fee: $3.99
COST: $6.10

Paypal
Can not send RAND
Can send CAD at zero fee
Who knows what the receiver gets dinged
Hidden costs CC rates of at least 2.5% plus their exchange
COST: Who knows.

Bank
Outgoing .2% of the amount just because they are a bank
Min Fee: $15.00
Communication Charge: $10.00
They could not even tell me an exchange rate, its the weekend.
You can guess at least 2.5% min though.
COST: $30.85
 
Bearhunter do u have a PayPal account. Or could you pay directly to Jacques PayPal account from your bank.

I have a paypal account tied to a visa card. When I sent money I transferred it . This ment I was charged for the transfer not the person receiving it.
 
I have a paypal account tied to a visa card. When I sent money I transferred it . This ment I was charged for the transfer not the person receiving it.

As long as the currency you want to send is on their list.
 
I had a "package deal" but was told to pay half of the daily rate up front. My thinking was that was that was kinda small, would have thought more would have been asked, but that was asked and I gladly did it. Paid the rest by cash and the unplanned waterbuck by credit card on the last day.
 
anybody try to use Pay-Pal Gift,,,My understanding is there is no fee charged on either end
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,571,757
Members
169,410
Latest member
tealish
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top