Delta seats

Unless you are way over 6’ tall you will be fine. I bought my son seat 30C a few years ago when he went with me. He was fine!
That’s the problem, I’m way over 6’!

flew it last august, you will have more legroom, there is a movie screen that swings up, the only thing you wont have is a place to slide your backpack under the seat in front of you.
Thank you! Exactly what I was wanting to hear.

This has been my preferred row for many, many safaris. I like bulkhead. I am so glad that many others dislike it for various reasons so it is available for me to book!
Thanks Philip! This is the confirmation I was wanting.

I always pick the bulkhead comfort+ if available in the config as the posted diagrams show. The best odds for minimum disruption are the aisle seats, either left or right side of center group. The outside group aisle seats are slightly out of alignment with the aisle and you will get constantly bumped by attendants moving between 1st/business class section and economy section. The posted seating diagrams show that offset jog in the aisle that causes that issue.

I leave in late august. Would definitely appreciate the first hand knowledge!
roger that. I will add it to my checklist. I will get a picture as well

Hi everyone, I will be flying Delta 200 Atlanta to Johannesburg later this year in comfort plus. For those who have flown recently, is the highlighted green seat the best option? It looks like there is a bulkhead there - on some intl flights I’ve seen the bulkhead eating up legroom on those seats, while on others I’ve seen those seats having lots of extra legroom. Delta did not make me pay extra or call this a preferred seat, which is making me concerned the bulkhead will eat into my legroom. Hoping that someone who has made the trip recently can answer once and for all - can’t find a firm answer online View attachment 525209
As a Million Miler on Delta (1.2 Million actual flight miles) on Delta who does international flights for business besides the trips from Atlanta to Jburg on Safari, that is definitely a bulkhead seat. You will have a TV that comes up out of the seat base.

I personally would take one of the aisle seats in row 32 or 33, not because I want to put a bag under the seat in front of me, I will still put my bag overhead like I have to on the bulkhead seat...because you will have more leg room going forward under the seat in front of you than you will in a bulkhead seat.

On an international flight, he best possible seats in any cabin short of Business 1 / First Class are exit row windows.. Lots of leg room, can lean against the wall to sleep and still get up anytime you want without bothering people to get out.

Honestly, I get upgraded to Comfort + for free being a Platinum, but I would be really tempted to take a Exit Row Window seat in main cabin over any seat in Comfort +that was not a exit row. In that configuration for the seats on flights to/from Atlanta/Joburg there are no exit row seats in Comfort +. I assume you have already paid to upgrade to Comfort +

Just my opinion...did 5 trips to Sweden and 1 to Joburg in 2022 to help form my opinion

There is no way that I would get onto a 14+ hour flight without a movie screen. They might be bad movies but at least they are something to watch other than other passengers standing in line to get to the lavatory.
There will be a private screen that comes up out of the seat base on that seat.

There will be a private screen that comes up out of the seat base on that seat.

I've seen them along with the fold away trays. I believe that on the South African Airline jet that I flew over in 2015 that the screen was in the bulkhead and you only had the fold away tray.

But I was just saying that encase the airlines start to cheep out on movies and or screens in different seats

The perfect seat depends on the person. Your preferred seat would not be mine. I am shorter and I want easier access to my stuff than the overhead.

One thing that is an absolute must is not being seated near a head. I can remember a flight (not Delta) that had us next to one and with the long flight and apparent heavy drinking it was terrible. I can remember this huge guy going several times and would lean on my seat while in line looking like he was throw up any second. Not a good experience.

The Canadians proved that you can't shoot down a baboon with a gun a few years ago. The riddled a weather baboon with rounds and the baboon kept on floating

The perfect seat depends on the person. Your preferred seat would not be mine. I am shorter and I want easier access to my stuff than the overhead.

One thing that is an absolute must is not being seated near a head. I can remember a flight (not Delta) that had us next to one and with the long flight and apparent heavy drinking it was terrible. I can remember this huge guy going several times and would lean on my seat while in line looking like he was throw up any second. Not a good experience.
Yep! It is tempting to make that mistake because some airplane configs have seats either fore or aft the mid plane head/galley cross aisle with lots of legroom and open area adjacent. Nothing quite like a line of travelers waiting for the head after a few hours in-flight and who knows what airport/airplane gut bomb meals. It is a treat getting continually gassed by a large butt leaning on your headrest! :) :)

Sorry the photo you showed I thought the front seats were business class.
What I was referring to are the seats in
Premium select.
They are the section at the top of your photo clip.
We flew back from Australia in that section and it sure made the 15 hours more pleasant.

661AB0EC-E2E0-4816-8C65-8CA43981C580.jpeg
EF69BCE7-49FC-4C75-B2D9-E5DDC9AA009A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I leave in late august. Would definitely appreciate the first hand knowledge!
I have this flight booked in late August. First trip so I booked main cabin. Glad to be going.

Reactions: BWH
When my wife and I flew that route we were the seats to the right of the highlighted green. Was a great as I’m a bit taller than the average person but you don’t get to put anything under the seat ahead of you. Once the flight took off they let me take my bag down and put it in front of me against the wall but I wouldn’t plan on that.

When my wife and I flew that route we were the seats to the right of the highlighted green. Was a great as I’m a bit taller than the average person but you don’t get to put anything under the seat ahead of you. Once the flight took off they let me take my bag down and put it in front of me against the wall but I wouldn’t plan on that.
That is standard

You just can’t have the bag by your feet during takeoff and landing. It is fine to retrieve your bag during the flight

I’m 6’4” … I absolutely prefer the bulkhead…

When I don’t get bulkhead seats I inevitably end up flying with the person seated in front of me laying in my lap the entire trip…

I’m 6’4” … I absolutely prefer the bulkhead…

When I don’t get bulkhead seats I inevitably end up flying with the person seated in front of me laying in my lap the entire trip…
Yea good point about the person in front if you

I always get exit rows where it is either open in front of me or the seats in front me don’t recline

You will have more than enough leg room downside to those seats is TV screen usually folds up out of arm rest making you look down at screen entire time.

You will have more than enough leg room downside to those seats is TV screen usually folds up out of arm rest making you look down at screen entire time.
True but .... during my last several flights I really haven't seen much in the way of TV or movies that I cared to watch. I always bring a book and usually end up reading instead.

also the tv that comes out of the armrest will also take up seat width. also flew United last year and had the emergency exit bulk head seat and it sucked had to keep my feet and legs moved to the left (do not know if United used the same aircraft so Delta might be different)

Hi everyone, I will be flying Delta 200 Atlanta to Johannesburg later this year in comfort plus. For those who have flown recently, is the highlighted green seat the best option? It looks like there is a bulkhead there - on some intl flights I’ve seen the bulkhead eating up legroom on those seats, while on others I’ve seen those seats having lots of extra legroom. Delta did not make me pay extra or call this a preferred seat, which is making me concerned the bulkhead will eat into my legroom. Hoping that someone who has made the trip recently can answer once and for all - can’t find a firm answer online View attachment 525209
I would spend the extra for Premium Select you will be way happier at the end of both flights. I have bad knees and 6' and weigh 215lb and Delta Comfort although better than economy still is torcher for me. Went Premium Select last year and for the first time I walked off the plane feeling great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois