Delay in shipping trophies from SA

Well my animals have been with Splitting Image for a year now.

I hope it doesn't take a year. My stuff was picked up and is at African San Taxidermy. I got a quote for dip and pack from them and it seems in line with what I've seen from others. Do any of you have any knowledge of or experience with them? They say they have a 6 month turn around on mounts. Surely it would be quicker for D & P?

African San is the fastest I have used 6 months for mounts

Reactions: PLM
If you hunt in the "Red Zone" in South Africa ( greater Kruger areas ) your trophies have a 90 day quarantine before they can be moved out of the "red zone" to a taxidermist. Then you get to start all the other bureaucratic and EXPENSIVE stuff.

The key is to ask the questions before you give them your stuff not after. Find out time frames for the work you want done. Also realize it is Africa and they are not all on our time frame the way we may like. Checking in on the stuff with an email is really not that hard once they have it.

The whole deal is really not that hard to handle and really no need to pay anyone extra for just getting your stuff done and shipped. If you need help with paperwork clearing at home that maybe worth some money spent to be done.

I think there is more steps then most people realize in the whole timeline. Pick the right people though and it goes smooth and most will get dip/pack out with in 6 months and mounts with in 1 year to just over a year.

Reactions: PLM
Thank you Bill and everyone else that has commented on this thread. This is the one area that I did the least research in planning our hunt. I had no idea it would be so complicated but I don't think I'm the first one to find out what is involved after the fact. Lesson learned. Next time (and yes we are already planning the next trip) I will know better. What a wonderful experience this whole adventure has been! We have enjoyed every single part of it and I refuse to let anything dampen my excitement over having my dream come true. However long it takes, I know it will be a big day when our trophies arrive home. We are already planning on what will have to be moved to make room. Thanks everybody for all the info and advise and especially thanks to Ruan and the crew at Hartzview Safaris for the experience that went beyond our expectations more than I can say. Good hunting everyone, Philip

I used Trophy Solutions and they basically guarantee shipping 90 days upon receipt of animals AND payment. They held up their end of the deal with shipping at 95 days on my last crate!

I received my animals this week. It took 14 months but they arrived in great shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg