Defiance Machine CRF action

I see you are in Idaho. You might take a look at BAT Machine in Post Falls.

I just ordered a lefty .308 bolt face action from them for a 6mm Dasher I am building. 8-9 month delivery cycle.

Had a chance to handle a completed rifle with the defiance CRF action whilst visiting at Hill Country Rifles. Had high hopes but if I wasn't going to chamber it in a DGR calibre I'd go with their non CRF action.

Not as smooth in operation which was very noticeable. It is not like an M70 action which has a flat base. It's a M700 footprint with CRF. If you were getting it also option the 3 position wing safety as well.

It was good luck to actually get to handle a whole rifle not just the action but sad to be disappointed as well. Can't say for sure as I could not compare side by side but my customised M70 375 H&H reworked by my gunsmith felt smoother. Maybe need to wear in with their tight tolerances.

Had a chance to handle a completed rifle with the defiance CRF action whilst visiting at Hill Country Rifles. Had high hopes but if I wasn't going to chamber it in a DGR calibre I'd go with their non CRF action.

Not as smooth in operation which was very noticeable. It is not like an M70 action which has a flat base. It's a M700 footprint with CRF. If you were getting it also option the 3 position wing safety as well.

It was good luck to actually get to handle a whole rifle not just the action but sad to be disappointed as well. Can't say for sure as I could not compare side by side but my customised M70 375 H&H reworked by my gunsmith felt smoother. Maybe need to wear in with their tight tolerances.
The last Defiance action I had needed an honest 300 rounds fired with at a minimum 3000 Cycles dry fired. As a matter of fact, I shot the rifle in a comp in Oklahoma. The fine dust ended up getting all over the action. After that match it was butter.

I just ordered a lefty .308 bolt face action from them for a 6mm Dasher I am building. 8-9 month delivery cycle.
Just something to think about, a 6GT will not need any additional work (fire forming). It will also not need anything special to run out of a magazine. I know lots of people that do run Dasher and 6BR, 6BRA, 6BRX. Some get them to feed good with some work and some struggle. The 6GT would make that a none issue. Just a different perspective from someone who has tried the 6BR case from mag fed rifles.

Just something to think about, a 6GT will not need any additional work (fire forming). It will also not need anything special to run out of a magazine. I know lots of people that do run Dasher and 6BR, 6BRA, 6BRX. Some get them to feed good with some work and some struggle. The 6GT would make that a none issue. Just a different perspective from someone who has tried the 6BR case from mag fed rifles.

I just bought 1,000 pieces of Dasher brass from Alpha munitions, don't need to fire form. Magazines are taken care of from my stock manufacturer, Masterpiece Arms.

I just bought 1,000 pieces of Dasher brass from Alpha munitions, don't need to fire form. Magazines are taken care of from my stock manufacturer, Masterpiece Arms.
Prairie dog hunt on the horizon?

Prairie dog hunt on the horizon?
Yep. Shooting for next May, I should have everything put together and dialed in by then. I will most likely get another 1K of brass so I show up with about 2K rounds loaded up.

I can’t say enough about the rifle I built with my defiance action!!! Was going to build a big game rifle but ended up building a 300 win mag. Had a proof barrel installed all in all just about 6 lbs without the scope. Best elk, bovine rifle to date. Shoots flat to 360 yards. I sent back the bolt and had the triple safety installed. Can‘t wait to take it to Africa!

Call them. They are very responsive.
Must be something new. They were only taking emails not long ago and if you get an answer in two or three days, you're lucky.
Disclaimer: I purchased one of their actions and customer service was not up to today's standards.

I’m over two years waiting for my granite mountain arms action for a 9.3x62 build …

I think I’ll just look around and buy a handful of FN M98 actions now and put them aside.

I’m over two years waiting for my granite mountain arms action for a 9.3x62 build …

I think I’ll just look around and buy a handful of FN M98 actions now and put them aside.
Is that for a lefty? A few years back, a friend ran in to this issue with a left handed Montana. They kept promising and promising before eventually going bust. Two years is over the top for anything and from this chair, indicates problems with skilled workers or finance in the company. YMMV.

I can’t say enough about the rifle I built with my defiance action!!! Was going to build a big game rifle but ended up building a 300 win mag. Had a proof barrel installed all in all just about 6 lbs without the scope. Best elk, bovine rifle to date. Shoots flat to 360 yards. I sent back the bolt and had the triple safety installed. Can‘t wait to take it to Africa!

Six pound 300 win mag: Have fun with that.

Six pound 300 win mag: Have fun with that.
My shoulder hurts just thinking about it.
a-stars.gif

With the break it has on it, it has about the same recoil as a 243. It’s really a great rifle. I have a nightforce scope on it. So it’s about just 8 lbs.

Should be no sweat. I have a Rem XCR II in 375 Weatherby that weighs 7 1/2 lbs (including Leupold 2-7x Firedot scope and Talley steel QR rings). It will shoot 375 H&H rounds or 375 Weatherby rounds (it's essentially a 375 H&H improved). Recoil is mild with the factory 375 H&H rounds, it's a bit snappy with the 375 Weatherby ammo (300g bullet at 2800 fps). For some reason the Rem XCR II synthetic stock seems to soak up recoil.

usomoEO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like mine. Originally had it build for .300 RUM and now it will be for a .404J CRF and 3-pos safety.

View attachment 455000
How do you like this action after a couple years? Thinking about getting a Snowy Mountain Alaskan which is built on their Deviant Hunter CRF action in 375 H&H

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Puckett's

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you