damaged double rifle case

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
in my recent double rifle purchase UPS was less then gentle with my package leading to the rifle case being damaged. i intend to make UPS pay for this damage but i need to provide a qoute for the repair.

can any one recomend a company to restore my double rifles carry case?

thank you
-matt

Sad to hear another gun case has experienced poor treatment from shippers.

My first thought is to contact the manufacturer.
They may have warranty approved shops they can suggest.

both the rifle and case are well past any warranty, but ill try and contact Butch. due to medical issues he hasnt been in the shop lately so i might not have any luck that way. so, any recomendations would be much appreciated.

-matt

both the rifle and case are well past any warranty, but ill try and contact Butch. due to medical issues he hasnt been in the shop lately so i might not have any luck that way. so, any recomendations would be much appreciated.

-matt

Figured you'd be past warranty. The list of skilled folks would be the useful info.
Sorry, I don't have a resource for you.

If you find a resource, please post. I'm sure we could all use that info in a time of need.

Is the rifle case an Americase .

http://www.americase.com/

Call them... they do very good work...

I have 7 or 8 of there cases.

not sure if its one of their cases, its the case that came with the rifle from B. Searcy.

-matt

Matt

If you would have posted a few pictures of the damaged case... that would give members some information to identify it and provide you some help.

Guessing what case it is with out any description, many will not post.

My guess is it is an Americase.

Call them and ask... the number is toll free. I will let you look the phone number up on the web link above or do your own internet search for the company.

I have had them build me a custom case. Plus they build custom cases for many rifle and shotgun makers in the USA and foreign makers.

Or you can wait on someone posting at a later date.

M2C

been trying to get some pictures of it but I cant seem to find my camera.

-matt

Is your fitted case an Oak & Leather case, or is it aluminum? Most of the cases that come with B. Searcy doubles are either oak & leather or Leather fitted cases. These type cases are called MOTOR-CASES and are for carrying your rifle in your personal vehicle. The double should never be shipped in a common carrier in that case, because it will always be damaged if you do. For traveling you need one of the better plastic like the storm, or an aluminum cases with lots of close cell foam, and take a soft case for the hunting car.
I have seven double rifles and have fitted cases for them all, but I use a break-done soft case inside a short Tuff-pack case along with my cloths and locked ammo box also made by Tuff-pack.

you are correct, this is a case that should not have been used to ship the rifle. its appears to be made of some kind of plywood wrapped in green canvas with a green felt interior. nothing really fancy but still nice enough that it would have been nice to have.

a friend at work took a look at the case and says he thinks he can fix it.

-matt

found my camera, will post pictures much later tonight.

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtdcamp

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.