CZ550 / Leupold scope issues

Not sure of the base selection, but I've seen bases with the dovetail portion extended beyond the screw portion. If the extended portion is to the rear, this may add enough distance for the eye relief to correct; the problem is that if the scope sits farther back, the bell may be hitting the action, which may require getting rings that are taller.
A new VX5 1-5 illuminated will be here this week or next... now I have to buy a new gun to put the other scope on.
 
My 404
IMG_0697.jpg
 
I have a VX-3 1.5-5 on my.375 H & H CZ 550 magnum, with Leupold rings. Just barely enough room to get the proper eye relief. My glass was great and I was able to shoot beyond 200 yards on a kudu with no problems. I shot every thing from a Steenbok to an Eland in 2017. I had no issues with the scope. I was using the CZ to practice for a Buffalo hunt this year. I don't believe you will have any problems with the 1-5 scope at any distance you will shoot in Africa.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,301
Messages
1,571,100
Members
169,106
Latest member
VernaP4357
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top