CZ 550 stock question

Luvthunt

AH legend
Joined
Aug 4, 2018
Messages
2,215
Reaction score
2,211
Media
2
Hi
Have a 416 with one of the Safari American stocks. Stock is bulky, can anyone offer a suggestion who in the USA will rework a CZ stocks.
 
Whoever does the stock work for Wayne at AHR.
AHR isn't accepting new work at the moment.
But his stockmaker may be.
One of the members here will chime in with the info.

I had a #2 done on my CZ, but it was the B&C synthetic stock.
I liked how it felt, but it was bulky.
 
Try RJ Renner, he works on stocks, and from what I've seen on his web site the work is beautiful. I'm in the process of buying a CZ-550 375 H&H that was worked by RJ Renner and the rifle looks amazing. Check them out, here is the link:

 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 7.51.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 7.51.06 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 156
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 7.51.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 7.51.08 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 180
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 7.51.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 7.51.10 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 219
That extra round they hold may have something to do with the bulk
 
I'm the original owner of the one PARA is buying. Renner's work is top notch and makes a huge difference in handling and looks. The original stock is like a 4x4 post.
 
I should say the original stock configuration. He re-shaped, re-checkered and re-finish the original stock.
 
I think my CZ 550 Safari Classic in 500 Jeffery is perfect. You just need a bigger cartridge :)

full
 
Beautiful figures on that stock.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,389
Members
169,553
Latest member
LeeBennet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top