Cz 550 rigby bolt face build

I am anxiously awaiting pictures as well!!! I guess it's off to the bench to load some rounds for it
 
Did you end up with the 460 Weatherby?
 
Yes I ended up going with the 460 weatherby, I wanted a 458 cal that would fit on my rigby sized bolt face so that narrowed it to 450 rigby, 450 dakota and 460 wby, I really love the numbers from the rigby but the availability and cost of components favored the wby most so that was my reasoning thinking I'd just load the wby to the rigby numbers and call it good
 
I got my hands on it and promptly mounted the scope, I apologize for the poor quality photos I am told I need a new phone. Can't wait to get it out to the range tomorrow!
20240517_220921.jpg
20240517_220901.jpg
20240517_220921.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20240517_220857.jpg
    20240517_220857.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 117
  • 20240517_220722.jpg
    20240517_220722.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 131
I've got 2 loads to try tomorrow
500gr barnes tsx
103gr aa2700
Fed 215gm

420gr cutting edge safari raptor
104gr big game
Fed 215gm
 
Pardon my ignorance, but what is "rigby bolt face" on a classic rifle such as cz550?
 
Both the 416 Rigby and the 404 Jeffery are great cartridges, but having both does not make sense to me - the both fill the same niche. If you want a real "big bore" I would go to .458 - the Lott or perhaps the Rigby. I like the Rigby idea, but you will have to locate brass and dies before committing.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,254
Messages
1,570,747
Members
169,144
Latest member
TajOlds695
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top