Custom ottoman

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
4
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
8,020
Reaction score
15,644
Location
Texas
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Deals & offers
123
Media
1,826
Articles
7
Hunting reports
Africa
6
USA/Canada
8
Europe
1
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
I often get asked what hunters should do with their skins they have lying around. Of course we make lots of pillows, gun cases, gunslings, purses, and various other items but here is an idea for some of the larger skins. I build this here at the studio and upholstered the pillow in a zebra skin. This piece was commissioned by a fellow AH’r and I was very excited to do this project. The wood is pine, whitewashed, and weathered as is the decor in his home.
C2D0AAD2-2C5B-471B-B4D9-51FC8E181E44.jpeg
BF09F4DC-3384-471C-AEF1-1F2AAB55C197.jpeg
E613A8D5-0F15-4943-A9D2-BB470A7A87BA.jpeg
 
I often get asked what hunters should do with their skins they have lying around. Of course we make lots of pillows, gun cases, gunslings, purses, and various other items but here is an idea for some of the larger skins. I build this here at the studio and upholstered the pillow in a zebra skin. This piece was commissioned by a fellow AH’r and I was very excited to do this project. The wood is pine, whitewashed, and weathered as is the decor in his home. View attachment 463929View attachment 463930View attachment 463931
Nicely done!!!
 
The ottoman is for my trophy room in my new guest house at Lake Fork, Texas. My wife did not want my mounts in the lake house so I am building. I or Erik will post pictures later in the house. Erick is also doing a full body Aoudad mount and an Elk for the new space. I am excited to see it all completed. Erik and his team are truly artist. Thanks. It looks great.
 
The ottoman is for my trophy room in my new guest house at Lake Fork, Texas. My wife did not want my mounts in the lake house so I am building. I or Erik will post pictures later in the house. Erick is also doing a full body Aoudad mount and an Elk for the new space. I am excited to see it all completed. Erik and his team are truly artist. Thanks. It looks great.
So when you and your wife go to the lake house, she will stay in the main one, and you will stay in the guest house? LOL
 
Very nicely done!
 
So when you and your wife go to the lake house, she will stay in the main one, and you will stay in the guest house? LOL
We stay in the main house together. She hunts with me (she shoots a Nikon D750) and she loves the mounts. She wants the main house to be a certain style which does not include trophies. We have them in our home in the Dallas Metroplex so I will compromise with her on this house.

We will both use the guest house a lot. It is where we will entertain outdoors and bigger groups.
 
I often get asked what hunters should do with their skins they have lying around. Of course we make lots of pillows, gun cases, gunslings, purses, and various other items but here is an idea for some of the larger skins. I build this here at the studio and upholstered the pillow in a zebra skin. This piece was commissioned by a fellow AH’r and I was very excited to do this project. The wood is pine, whitewashed, and weathered as is the decor in his home. View attachment 463929View attachment 463930View attachment 463931
Are you now available to those of us who would wish this type work done to receive orders? For example in 23 I am doing a Buffalo and bush buck hunt. I would want an office chair built with my hides. Can you do this work? I would be happy to pay you for it
 
Are you now available to those of us who would wish this type work done to receive orders? For example in 23 I am doing a Buffalo and bush buck hunt. I would want an office chair built with my hides. Can you do this work? I would be happy to pay you for it
Yessir. We can handle just about any type of home decor.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,279
Messages
1,571,496
Members
169,364
Latest member
67chevy327
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top