Custom Metal Work

TERMINATOR

AH elite
Joined
May 6, 2011
Messages
1,162
Reaction score
2,668
Location
West Michigan
Media
35
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
6
USA/Canada
1
Member of
NRA (Life), Safari Club Intl
Hunted
Namibia (Kalahari), RSA (Eastern Cape & Northwest Province), Argentina, New Zealand, Canada (Sask), USA (Michigan, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana & Nebraska), Texas (Ya'll do realize Texas is a country right)
Is there somebody in the US that does this kind of stuff?

1661805522160.png


1661805543763.png


I would love to pimp out my Win 70 Safari Express like this but have no clue who to ask.

Thanks
 
There are piles of engravers. Try Jesse Kaufman ( Black Hills Engraving) out of Sturgis, SD for a start. Or just look up engravers for the gunmakers guild.
Thank you

I figured engraving wouldn’t be too hard to find but I’m thinking about the silver or gold (plate?) inlay’s specifically

I will reach out to Jesse though. Thanks
 
Overlay and inlay are the easy part. Also try Jim Blair of Glenrock, WY; and also Earnie Marsh. He is hear in Wyoming as well. Earnie will sometimes do a rifle or handgun if you ask hard enough. All three are or have been members of the guild.
Thanks!
 
Go on the FEGA website - Firearms Engravers Guild of America. You will find tons of professional engravers who can do whatever you want. I've had most of my work done by Sam Welch of Castle Rock, Utah.

CustomFox16-7.JPG
 
Go on the FEGA website - Firearms Engravers Guild of America. You will find tons of professional engravers who can do whatever you want. I've had most of my work done by Sam Welch of Castle Rock, Utah.

View attachment 485680
Thank you, I was able to find a Master Engraver that is 90 miles from me. I will be talking with him.

That is one georgous shotgun!
 
Last edited:
A reliable,low cost option… these guys use a laser engraver.. but can do pretty much any artwork you submit to them (they are making me a M98 floorplate with a crusaders cross on it as I type this)… and they are simply great people as well…

 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 9.38.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 9.38.41 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 162
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 9.38.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 9.38.44 AM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 165
A reliable,low cost option… these guys use a laser engraver.. but can do pretty much any artwork you submit to them (they are making me a M98 floorplate with a crusaders cross on it as I type this)… and they are simply great people as well…

I will check them out. Thank you
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,394
Messages
1,574,922
Members
170,194
Latest member
muscedewatch1986
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top