Custom Dangerous Game rifles

For me, “semi-custom” is the way to go. Pick caliber first then have a barreled action made of the claw extractor variety then pick a stock you like. Mine is a Montana 458Lott barreled action (RIP) with New England custom gun sights and band with a Hogue full length block stock.
228719FC-72FD-4BE5-AA9E-6BE34BF5BD40.jpeg

I’m getting another custom built rifle, this one in .375 H&H. Like my other rifles, it’ll be based on a CRF Model 70 action. Stainless barrel, probably 24” though we may go 22” to keep it as close as possible to my .338 and .416, both of which have 22” barrels. I’ve got Shilen, Lilja and Krieger barrels, all shoot good, so we’ll go with whichever we can get. Brown Precision fiberglass stock, pillar bedded with a Timney Trigger set at 2 3/4-3 pounds, just like all my others. I’ll top it with a Leupold VX5 in 2-10 with Firedot reticle.

I try to keep every rifle I hunt with as close to all the others as possible so that no matter which I’m hunting with, they’re as close to one another as possible.

For me, “semi-custom” is the way to go. Pick caliber first then have a barreled action made of the claw extractor variety then pick a stock you like. Mine is a Montana 458Lott barreled action (RIP) with New England custom gun sights and band with a Hogue full length block stock. View attachment 491758
Nice looking utility rifle. The fore end looks a bit blocky, but for a .458Lott it works well. How much does this package weigh @clazer?

Nice looking utility rifle. The fore end looks a bit blocky, but for a .458Lott it works well. How much does this package weigh @clazer?
It’s 10.3# with the weaver 1-5 on top. Will be less with the new 1MOA SRO, Jagerwerks BROS, Trijicon RM33 Mount. It’s light for a Lott, but I shoot it fine. I like the overmolded stocks- plenty of grip under hard recoil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilliamcoUlt

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you