Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
SA, NZ, Montana, Maryland , Georgia , Mississippi, USA
Please tell me where to get the current, not expired , form 4457 for a hunt this Sept.
Every form I find is expired and has the signature areas crossed out.
Thank you
Rick

I just checked and typed in 4457 and it came up with the correct form to download

Thanx Altitude sickness but that form expired in 2012

Speedster where did you type in and were signature areas crossed out?

Hey Rick, this Pat Toalson down in Ennis. I filled out my 4457’s in late Feb or early March for my June trip and did them on the computer typing in the info and printed off to take to the Bozeman Airport customs office. When I got there the agent didn’t like the fact that mine didn’t cover the full piece of paper nor did I print the instructions on the back side of the paper. They went into the office and got blank 4457’s, brought them out and had me hand write the info into new forms before they would sign them. Customs officer in 2023 didn’t have the same concerns. I say all of this to let you know you can bypass filling out the form in advance if you want and just have them give you a form at BZN if you want or get the same knucklehead I had do mine. Be sure and call them in advance to let them know you are coming by, they seem not to like drop ins at Bozeman

Hey Rick, this Pat Toalson down in Ennis. I filled out my 4457’s in late Feb or early March for my June trip and did them on the computer typing in the info and printed off to take to the Bozeman Airport customs office. When I got there the agent didn’t like the fact that mine didn’t cover the full piece of paper nor did I print the instructions on the back side of the paper. They went into the office and got blank 4457’s, brought them out and had me hand write the info into new forms before they would sign them. Customs officer in 2023 didn’t have the same concerns. I say all of this to let you know you can bypass filling out the form in advance if you want and just have them give you a form at BZN if you want or get the same knucklehead I had do mine. Be sure and call them in advance to let them know you are coming by, they seem not to like drop ins at Bozeman
I had a poor experience with the CBP officer in Bozeman for a form 4457. Just be ready for some negativity. And I completely agree to call in advance.
In minneapolis, the CBP office is really easy to deal with, some kind folks.
Might as well bring extra copies also.

This goes to show that it all depends on the agent.

I have filled our their form and then they copied it.

I have used my computer and had them do both, copy it onto their form and verified it, signed and stamped it.

I think that it depends on the phase of the moon along with the stars. And whatever you do, don't go in on 4/8 during the eclipse

I have experienced the Bozeman CBP office on more than one occasion. Just not a happy man. Thanx to everybody , I think I have current form from Mark Biggerstaph via email.

Hope this might help someone .
Image1712495312.053533.jpg

A few other thoughts on this form:

1. Call and make an appointment with CBP. I didn't and I he instantly got an attitude.

2. There is confusion on what you're supposed to put on the number line. Could be several different things, I still don't know which is correct.

3. 4457's dont expire but for travel to SA the form needs to be dated the year of travel. I wish I would have know this when I got mine signed a few weeks ago.

A few other thoughts on this form:

1. Call and make an appointment with CBP. I didn't and I he instantly got an attitude.

2. There is confusion on what you're supposed to put on the number line. Could be several different things, I still don't know which is correct.

3. 4457's dont expire but for travel to SA the form needs to be dated the year of travel. I wish I would have know this when I got mine signed a few weeks ago.
I put nothing on the line and no one questioned it.

I seem to remember they quit dating the forms.

so there to be no question by SAPS I printed out the form and did a white out of te 5?22 date on the bottom and then copied it no issues with CBP or SAPS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillianPet

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.