Concealed Carry

@Bruce why do you use a paddle holster vs. a OWB? Is is the easy on/easy off? Does a paddle ride about the same as an OWB?

Good paddles ride exactly like a regular OWB, but you don't have to snake your belt through the holster, then through a belt loop, then back through the hoslter, then back through another belt loop.

I used the OWB version, but now prefer the paddle holster as it is EASY TO ENGAGE AND DISENGAGE
The only hassle with it is... Vehicle traveling.. Gets caught up in the seat belt, so I travel with it in a safe spot in my vehicles... Easy to get at etc.
In South Africa, I need to carry all the time, especially with my gun shop business... But also always code orange for hijackers, gangsters and wackos...

I used the OWB version, but now prefer the paddle holster as it is EASY TO ENGAGE AND DISENGAGE
The only hassle with it is... Vehicle traveling.. Gets caught up in the seat belt, so I travel with it in a safe spot in my vehicles... Easy to get at etc.
In South Africa, I need to carry all the time, especially with my gun shop business... But also always code orange for hijackers, gangsters and wackos...

Being a lefty in America, that's one challenge I don't have. I kidney carry on the left, and all the tangly bits from the seat belt are at my right hip. :D

I ordered a Kramer MSP (paddle type holster) for my Walther CCP. Kramer (https://www.kramerleather.com/) is having a 20% off sale. Use "HOLSTER20" as the discount code to enter at checkout.

I used to carry a Glock 22(way too big) now I appendix carry the original G43 and love it. I think If I was ever to change to a new CCW(probably wont) it would be the sig p365 or CZ Rami. I’m using a talon gear IWB holster that my K-9 chewed up, it still works flawlessly just feels like sandpaper

just started carrying a Kimber r 7 Mako! not a huge 9mm fan but 40 ammo is ridiculous!
It has the crimson trace red dot and I love it! easily concealable and holds 13 in the mag!
otw elephant holster, I know its concealed but it looks good anyway

Anyone know what holster Jack Black used in Tropic Thunder--looked like he was digging it out of the bung-zone

8B6D2128-3870-44F5-8AAD-56DFB00F1506.jpeg

I EDC a Webley & Scott Model 1908 in .32 ACP. Eight plus one magazine capacity. It's been very handy during anti poaching/pirate/drug smuggler patrol and has saved my life more than a few times.

For you, I'd recommend a Colt Commander in .45 ACP. Nice, compact, formidable caliber.

The one time in my life I thought I might have to carry out Serious Social Work I carried two Kimber Compacts. One in a shoulder ring and the other in a pancake at 4:30.

S&W model 637 for me. Air weight, 5 shot, full of 158gr lead hollow points.
When out hiking in bush of Northern Michigan, an early 1950's light weight 22lr kit gun goes with me.
No DG to worry about!!

This forum has some amazing information when it comes to hunting and big bore rifles but the amount of bad information in this thread or the apparent lack of handgun training is pretty amazing.
I refrain from being negative with my posts. So, I’m going 100% positive that this man is 100% correct!

Being a lefty in America, that's one challenge I don't have. I kidney carry on the left, and all the tangly bits from the seat belt are at my right hip. :D
As a lefty I have a holster inside the driver's side door. I move my main firearm from my belt to inside the door prior to buckling up. If carrying anything other than the STI DVC Carry then it stays on my belt.

Been CCW’ing for 4 years now, I personally like the Tier1Concealed Axis Slim holster, it is by far the most comfortable holster Ive used. Disliked the TXC holster, currently trying out Tenicor Certum, liking it it so far. I carry appendix even while driving, just move the belt and holster further up my abdomen before sitting down its worked for me.

For firearms I’ve carried are the Glock 19, Sig P365, Glock 26 and now the Glock 48 MOS. My favorite is the P365 but didn't shoot it nearly as well as the Glock 19.

My goal is to find the smallest gun I can shoot as well as a compact gun, an of course comfort.

I will confess to having zero experience with concealed carry and only limited experience with handguns as our government banned them in 1998. I do however try to do some pistol shooting when I’m abroad and found that I quite liked the 9mm Beretta PX4 Storm. I haven’t come across anyone mentioning this in the thread and wondered why? Is there an issue with reliability, longevity or something else?

I will confess to having zero experience with concealed carry and only limited experience with handguns as our government banned them in 1998. I do however try to do some pistol shooting when I’m abroad and found that I quite liked the 9mm Beretta PX4 Storm. I haven’t come across anyone mentioning this in the thread and wondered why? Is there an issue with reliability, longevity or something else?
The PX4 doesn't seem to get much love, but they are nice pistols. Part of the issue is probably that they're hammer fired. In the US at least, a lot of the cool kids prefer striker-fired pistols. They styling probably doesn't help either.

At last count, I have four of them. Full-size in 9mm and .45, and compacts in 9mm and .40. The full-size is probably a little big for most people to carry concealed, but they shoot nicely. Much like the Beretta 92, the PX4 compact really isn't that compact, but it's getting into the realm where it can be concealed fairly easily. Size is similar to a Glock 19, but a little thicker.

Triggers are pretty decent out of the box, but can be easily improved with a hammer spring change and a bit of polishing or some parts from Langdon Tactical. Recoil is pretty light compared to some other similarly sized pistols. All have gone bang every time the trigger is pulled. Beretta and Langdon both offer a decent selection of parts for them.

Back when I was a little thinner, I appendix carried the .40 Compact. I'm about 10-20 lbs from being able to comfortably do that right now. For appendix carry I absolutely prefer a hammer-fired gun; just a little extra insurance to avoid shooting something important. Now that I'm kind of fat, I mostly carry a G43X IWB.

I got my PX4's in "the before-times" (pre-covid) when there were deals to be had; the most I paid was $500 for the LTT Compact 9mm. The rest were $400 or less each. Not sure what pricing looks like now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.