Coffee time

i used to think instant coffee was fine and my clients that wanted better coffee were full of shit
then i travelled a bit and learned a bit more
now i have a coffee machine at home that grinds the beans and brews the coffee and i battle to be without my proper coffee in the mornings and another cup or two throughout the day

i do enjoy my coffee these days and have realised how terrible instant coffee truly is!!!!!!!!!

i do remember when i was young that it was a tradition around the fire to drop a small coal in your cup of coffee and let it simmer then you drink the coffee.

regards

@Kevin Peacocke how do you prepare it? French press, drip, stovetop espresso?
@mark-hunter do you use an ultra fine grind? (Practically dust) do you make it in the same bronze jar? (Beautiful set by the way).
We grind by hand and then it goes into the French press. The secret of a French press is to push the plunger down a bit so the coffee is wholly immersed. Then after a minute or so press all the way, bring the plunger back up to the top and slowly plunge a second time. The second time there is plenty of resistance because the coffee has made an even bed that the water cant find a bypass through. This makes a much stronger coffee, better extraction.

Funny, I ran oil refineries for a living. We called that refinery coffee. A big pot of that and real Mexican from the local cantina got us through a lot of long nights working emergency/upset conditions. Good luck getting to sleep when you arrive home shortly after sunrise!

Best coffee I have had was the daily fresh roast from a coffee plantation in Kauai. If you made it at the right time the bag was still warm.
I have a nostalgic love of Arbuckles because they are the original “Cowboy” coffee; however, their coffee for me is just above mediocre.
I will say Ireland has the worst coffee that I have found, and it pays dividends to just give up and drink tea.

i avoid Starbucks like the plague, which since I've only been a somewhat regular coffee drinker for about a year, it has been easy. About a year ago we got a Keurig coffee machine and have gone through a few of the variety boxes. Of the flavors I find I prefer Caribou, though I don't know where it's from and Pacific dark- which may be from Hawaii. If I feel energetic I have a bag of Kirkland beans of Colombia which I use a high speed blade to "grind" the beans. It makes for a dark cup of coffee and since I'm not a professional coffee drinker it suits me.
I swear Starbucks laces their coffee with crack-cocaine with how strong that stuff is

I swear Starbucks laces their coffee with crack-cocaine with how strong that stuff is
If you think Starbucks has "strong" coffee, you clearly need to get out more. ;)

Lol I was thinking the same thing...

If you want to try an entry point to strong... give black rifle coffee company “JB” a try...

If you want no kidding make you shake strong... give death wish coffee a try... that stuff will make your heart race 20bps faster lol...

Starbucks is sweetened sad brown coffee like water...

If you think Starbucks has "strong" coffee, you clearly need to get out more. ;)
He may be confusing bitter with "strong." I agree, Starbuck's coffee is as bitter as gall.

If you want to try an entry point to strong... give black rifle coffee company “JB” a try...

If you want no kidding make you shake strong... give death wish coffee a try... that stuff will make your heart race 20bps faster lol...

+1 also, MO & CAF are fun especially when you add a couple extra scoops :coffee:o_O:E Excited:

He may be confusing bitter with "strong." I agree, Starbuck's coffee is as bitter as gall.
Depends on what they are pouring. Their French roast is pretty good.

Not to mention bitter. They must burn their coffee when they roast it. McDonald’s has better coffee than Starbucks and that ain’t saying much!

My daily coffee requirements resulted the purchase of an Expobar (Spanish) espresso machine (think 60 lbs of stainless steel). It takes about 12 agonizing minutes to warm up, but then I can make a real espresso. What a wonderful investment for a daily ritual.
I still use a French press occasionally as they are simple and make a great cup of coffee.

Next important question: I bring coffee with me on my hunts. I use a Yeti 20 Oz thermos that works great. What do you all use for keeping coffee hot? I brought coffee daily while on Safari and will do so again this July.

I use a 20oz RTIC...

Same performance as Yeti.. at about 50% of the cost...

I’ve literally never had an ounce of coffee get cold on me... I’m not sure how long the RTIC will keep a cup hot.. because even if I slow sip for a few hours, coffee remains piping hot...

its comparable to sucking on a ashtray
complete transparency: that's actually my experience with lowland Scotch.

a little bit of peat is interesting on my palate, and Glenmorangie 10 is quite tasty.

For the duck blind I use a quart Stanley thermos. Something I've had for decades. Sgt Zim, I agree with you on the peat.

Hey, look what I found!
20210928_142825.jpg

20210928_142841.jpg

Maybe not as good as fresh beans, but this Nespresso system actually quite good!

Why do people want coffee or wine to taste like something other than it is? which is to say I prefer coffee to taste like coffee and Cabernet Sauvignon to taste like grapes. All this talk about tasting like red berries, currants and cranberries instead of coffee, and the wine ex-spurts that rave about tasting chocolate, berries et al- just seems to me to be a marketing ploy to raise the price for the gullible.

Maybe not as good as fresh beans, but this Nespresso system actually quite good!

I am addicted to coffee and specifically to Nespresso Original coffee. My latest favorite is the ones from Zimbabwe (lungos)

This is from an email sent to me from Nespresso last December 31st. Girlfriend probably drank about 15 - 20 percent of it.

1632868617940.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88ak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,