Cites permit

wvfred

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
537
Reaction score
1,139
Location
West Virginia
Media
7
Hunted
Zimbabwe x 2 and Zambia
Do you get your cites permit for elephant before the hunt or after one is taken?
 
Your CITES export permit will be taken care of by the outfitter and shipping agent after you are successful. The only difficult part is obtaining your US fish and wildlife import permits. You’ll want one of the services listed on your other thread.
 
You can apply ahead of time but normally you would get on it after the successful hunt. Timing is the thing though. Permits expire
 
You can apply ahead of time but normally you would get on it after the successful hunt. Timing is the thing though. Permits expire
You are confusing the CITES export permit and the US fish and wildlife import permit. Hunters don’t apply for the CITES permit.
 
You are confusing the CITES export permit and the US fish and wildlife import permit. Hunters don’t apply for the CITES permit.
Correct USFWS import permit is what I meant.
 
Do you get your cites permit for elephant before the hunt or after one is taken?
Either...it does not matter. Is it a little bit faster before...yes but you do not get a refund from someone like CF if you do not get the elephant.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,595
Members
169,377
Latest member
CoralTyt26
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top