Chapuis Brousse 375 Front Sight

Dan458

AH senior member
Joined
Jun 5, 2022
Messages
83
Reaction score
198
Location
South Australia
Media
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
Australian Deer Association
Hunted
Australia, South Africa, England
Hi all,

I am looking at purchasing this Chapuis Brousse 375 H&H. Looking at the photos I thought the front sight looked a bit out of place.
Can anyone confirm if this is the normal appearance?

Anyone have experience with this rifle in 375?

Kind regards,
Dan
 

Attachments

  • Attachment 3.jpeg
    Attachment 3.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 46
@Dan458 Yes, that is a very ugly, not factory furnished front sight.
I venture to guess the rifle shot high for the former caretaker.
To zero the sights to the point of impact (POI), a higher front sight was added.

POI is very much affected by our opposition to recoil.
Perhaps the shooter allowed the rifle to recoil without much opposition?
If so, the POI would be high with the lower front sight.
For you, this sight may likely cause the rifle's POI to be low.

Once you shoot the rifle at your intended range, measure the distance the POI is from your aiming point. New England Custom Gun, can assist you in determining the correct sight height for you. JJ Perodeau could also but I would not bother him for this unless you were sending him the rifle for service/repair/cleaning or to change the sight for you.
Https://newenglandcustomgun.com
https://newenglandcustomgun.com/products.php?cat=337

There are also online calculators to derive the proper sight height for do it youself persons.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,314
Messages
1,572,606
Members
169,592
Latest member
digitalonetick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top