Chapuis .470 PH1

drbeech1968

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Adding a couple more pictures of my first double rifle to accompany an earlier post. It is set and ready for dangerous game in Zimbabwe 2 weeks from now! Made for Africa! I really like the figure and contrast in the wood.

96BE8B80-E2C7-4E39-A283-0AD1EC7DF8E8.jpeg
60B07ABD-2BCF-4442-A5FA-EF5C3503AE17.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding a couple more pictures of my first double rifle to accompany an earlier post. It is set and ready for dangerous game in Zimbabwe 2 weeks from now! Made for Africa! I really like the figure and contrast in the wood.
very nice! Where will you be in Zimbabwe

Beautiful double! Looking forward to reading your report! :)

That's a beautiful double. I LOVE the traditional looking pad and Chapuis rifles in general.

Congrats on the Chapuis 470. I acquired one about a year ago and it'll be heading to the Zambezi Valley June 2023. I love that gun.

Noticed the fly rod cases - are you going to try for tigerfish on the fly while in the Save?

That is gorgeous wood on your rifle! I have owned a Chapuis, and a Heym. They are both very strong solid rifles. Good luck and enjoy it on your hunt!

Beautiful rifle, congratulations. You will not go wrong in the Save, I assume buffalo is on the ticket?

Beutiful gun, real nice wood, looking really good in contrast to the recoil pad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross