Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Some of you may already know, I just heard of it a few days ago on another forum, that GB will now require all sellers, large or small to re-register now or soon and include SSI#, bank account with routing number, and send in approved picture ID.

When I first saw this I called bull****, and no one gave any real evidence other than "i heard it on the interweb", so I blew it off. But then I got curious and looked closely on the site, nothing I could find made any mention of this!

But being still more curious I emailed them and sure enuf its true! After an hours worth of back and forth emails with them, I got a phone call. Nice young man from GB to mansplain the whole thing to me, LOL.
He did, and as far as I can tell, this has to do with the new pay system they have called Outdoor Pay and these rules have been going into place over some months now but I had not heard of it, and being a seller there myself, you might think they might send out an email or something? Nope.

The guy said there had been a notice on GB but I never saw it. I asked the guy if this would at some point apply also to buyers having to comply and he wasnt sure but I suspect they will have to in order for the new system to work, because they are going to go to a system wherein the Outdoor pay handles all the money, no more checks or money orders, all done thru them with access to both parties bank accounts!! Yep, they can withdraw and deposit money into YOUR account!

I told this guy, its going to cost GB money because small sellers like me are not going to comply with this BS. I will not.

So beware, if you have been selling odds and ends and guns on GB you soon may not want to due to the new requirements. I am done selling and if they push this to the buyers as well, I will be done with GB too. Screw that S***!

I encourage any GB users to spam them by phone or email and demand info. Let them know this sucks.

Signs of the times, nothing really new for a online business.

One way to deal with their banking system if you do a good amount of business with them is to have a bank account set up to just deal with them. Only have enough in it to keep the bank from charging you a fee and transfer your money into and out of it as needed.

I already do this with payment accounts that come out of one of my checking accounts.

Found this. I don't sell on there, so I haven't gotten any kind of notifications, nor have I gotten any via email. Anyway:

So yeah, sellers will need to put in their SSN and information for a bank account. But if it's, for example, a company or a business and not an individual, then they pretty much had to do that in the first place to set up card processing, right? Put in a bank account number to allow for the money to be transferred, etc.?

Plus if you write out a check for literally anything, it has the bank account and routing numbers right there on the check, doesn't it? And you're giving people access to your money to cash said check. There's always a risk of someone doing something screwy with it, but that's why your bank needs your SSN when you apply for an account, no? To prove it's you.

I'm not saying I'm happy with or okay with this change, just that maybe we don't need to be TOO concerned about it? Besides, it means that we as buyers should have a much easier time getting our money back if we get scammed or something, in theory?

~~W.G.455

Found this. I don't sell on there, so I haven't gotten any kind of notifications, nor have I gotten any via email. Anyway:

So yeah, sellers will need to put in their SSN and information for a bank account. But if it's, for example, a company or a business and not an individual, then they pretty much had to do that in the first place to set up card processing, right? Put in a bank account number to allow for the money to be transferred, etc.?

Plus if you write out a check for literally anything, it has the bank account and routing numbers right there on the check, doesn't it? And you're giving people access to your money to cash said check. There's always a risk of someone doing something screwy with it, but that's why your bank needs your SSN when you apply for an account, no? To prove it's you.

I'm not saying I'm happy with or okay with this change, just that maybe we don't need to be TOO concerned about it? Besides, it means that we as buyers should have a much easier time getting our money back if we get scammed or something, in theory?

~~W.G.455
Well if you are OK with sending an outside payment processing center, Outdoor Pay, your SS#, bank account info and photo ID, go for it.
I will pass.

I quit using them when they started collecting taxes. Guns America broke themselves...GB is doing the same. GI is the place to be.

I quit using them when they started collecting taxes. Guns America broke themselves...GB is doing the same. GI is the place to be.
I didnt mind the tax thing, they had no choice and it had to be paid either thru them or paid on pickup at your dealer, so that is a wash.

Time to open an acct with your bank specifically for electronic transfers.
I have done this so my our employers direct deposit systems, and over seas wire transfers for hunting, do not have direct access to my regular checking or savings accts.
I have those accounts linked and have to transfer money myself into those accts which adds another step for me, but that’s better than 3rd parties having access to my main accounts.
Businesses with direct deposit payroll systems do this all the time. The account that they transfer payroll from is never the same account they pay normal bills from.

I have done this so my our employers direct deposit systems, and over seas wire transfers for hunting, do not have direct access to my regular checking or savings accts.
I have those accounts linked and have to transfer money myself into those accts which adds another step for me, but that’s better than 3rd parties having access to my main accounts.
Businesses with direct deposit payroll systems do this all the time. The account that they transfer payroll from is never the same account they pay normal bills from.
I guess what I dont like about it is the intrusion, having to submit photo ID, SS#, and bank account info to a payment processor, not even GB, a third party that will have access to an account of mine to pull money out and put money into. Rather do that myself, thanks very much!
I have a current account with GB and Outdoor thru my CC for taxes and GB fees, but this goes a couple steps further beyond where I want them to be.
They make all the same arguments you did here, but it dont work for me and I told them so.

I bet a lot of this has to do with the new ATF directive of dealer definition. They will have an electronic record of non-ffl folks selling guns. GB filled up with opportunist assholes since Covid and I wouldn’t piss in most of their mouths if their teeth were on fire.

I bet a lot of this has to do with the new ATF directive of dealer definition. They will have an electronic record of non-ffl folks selling guns.

Also, did anyone mention the IRS and Gun Broker sending sellers a form 1099 for income?

George Orwell must have been time traveling back to the1940's from a time in our near future...

Also, did anyone mention the IRS and Gun Broker sending sellers a form 1099 for income?

George Orwell must have been time traveling back to the1940's from a time in our near future...
Never had one from them or anyone else.

I think that a lot of it may be with regulations catching up with online auctions and sales.

There was a time that no state and or local taxes were collected from catalog sales, now they do. We used to be able to order powder and primers on line off of catalogs and have them shipped to our homes without having to pay a extra fee that the carriers came up with called Hazmat, perhaps that was the government also.

Many years ago we could look through a magazine to find our favorite rifle and have it shipped to us through USPS.

Times change along with regulations.

Yup - 100% In the two banks I use, I have a separate PUBLIC account that I only use for in/out. Their current balances are under $20 each. As soon as any money hits the account, it is moved to a real working account. If I need to wire money, etc., I transfer only the amount of the wire into the account for sending.

This is a ploy to increase the tax base by the democrats. They passed laws about forcing pay companies to report transactions by 1099's to the IRS, Illinois even dropped the level to when the reporting requirements kick in lower than federal guidelines. Then you wonder why Biden wants 85000 new IRS agents to go after those who spend money. I seen on Newsmax that the new audit strategies on Millionaires has resulted in $1.6 million in new collections, that is a drop in the bucket compared to what he has sent to our adversaries 1.6Billion. I say enough is enough and fight this non sense before it becomes the norm

www.gunsinternational.com remains the very best one.
However, Murphy’s Law being ever-ready to ruin all good things, some politician or lesser dirty rotten scoundrel will work day and night to ruin it for everyone.
So, enjoy gunsinternational while it lasts, I sure do.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldaddy

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.