Cat

Flbt

AH elite
Joined
Jan 26, 2025
Messages
1,935
Reaction score
2,831
Location
Fl
Media
1
Hunted
Us
I am not sure where this should go. I was sent this by a state employee that was sent the pic from a city worker for Monticello fl

541B42DC-9202-454E-8C40-060E63BE4E2C.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Other than what I was told I know nothing of the pic
 
The state says there no black phase panther though.
Idk
 
Melanistic Florida bobcat.
 
I would also guess an escapee from a private exhibit or individual.
 
Escapee from a private exhibit. Think “tiger king”
Kinda what I was thinking
There been stories for years about cats being lost or turned out.
Going back to the 30’s there were stories about cats going missing from some of the Tarzan sets on multiple rivers.
And of cat owners Turing them out instead of losing them to the state.
I know locally of some big cats going missing but when the owner came down with cancer
A panther a leopard and a lion.
 
There are many exotic pets in Florida.




Carole Baskin's maybe???

Might want to give her a call, but don't go near the food grinder!
 
Black house cat /feral cat and a dodgy photo.
If that’s a house cat I don’t want to see the mice it’s eating!!
Looks leopardish or jaguar to me , big head probably a male. Just guessing.
 
Looks very much like a Black Jaguar, Boffy head.

Most likely photo not really taken in the US or not in the Wild ?

Do any members from Florida recognise that habitat, type of trees & vegetation ?
 
The state says there no black phase panther though.
Idk
That’s pretty universal with biologists, no “black” phase cougar, mountain lion, panther or whatever they are called in the area.
 
Looks very much like a Black Jaguar, Boffy head.

Most likely photo not really taken in the US or not in the Wild ?

Do any members from Florida recognise that habitat, type of trees & vegetation ?
It looks like it could be any one of the swamps on my place and I am a few county’s away
 
Yeah Oklahoma fish and wildlife denied any mountain lions in the state for years. One was killed by a train then they eventually admitted some were here. Now they post pictures of females with young.
That's definitely a panther.
 
Tying to post another pic of a smaller cat
Not a bobcat ( it says 100% but I can’t see the pic)

Any way I know the guy that took it and trust him we go back to little league.
We think it’s a jaGuarUndi they think there a wild feral population from escaped ones from the old fur farms
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,342
Messages
1,573,387
Members
169,745
Latest member
YongLester
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top