Can't Be Good.... for Texas or anyone!

more bears :)

California-Tejon ranch
Regards
Foxi

Not too terribly long ago, Louisiana was offering bounties on nutria. I don't see why Texas can't do the same thing for feral hogs. It wouldn't even need to be a big bounty, maybe $25-$50 per pig. It'll cost us taxpayers money, but it's already costing us money.

As bad as the hog problem is here, I can't find a single rancher or farmer that seems to need eradication, at least not near me. If anybody knows of some in Fort Bend, Brazoria, Colorado, etc., please let me know. I've got 2 buddies, and we can shoot some hogs, no error. Last time we went, we shot 14 in a day.

Neat. Apparently mama didn't like Pooh snacking on Piglet, and putting it on the web.

Not too terribly long ago, Louisiana was offering bounties on nutria. I don't see why Texas can't do the same thing for feral hogs. It wouldn't even need to be a big bounty, maybe $25-$50 per pig. It'll cost us taxpayers money, but it's already costing us money.

As bad as the hog problem is here, I can't find a single rancher or farmer that seems to need eradication, at least not near me. If anybody knows of some in Fort Bend, Brazoria, Colorado, etc., please let me know. I've got 2 buddies, and we can shoot some hogs, no error. Last time we went, we shot 14 in a day.

Because Ranchers want to make money selling hunts, not pocket change with a bounty.

Because Ranchers want to make money selling hunts, not pocket change with a bounty.

No doubt, but they don't all offer paid hunts, either; and I'd be fine with paid hunts. I do it a lot as it is, just none around here.

Here's a real world story: my best hawk, a male Harris hawk named Jack Daniels caught a rat and consumed it before I could reach him while hunting. Spent $1000 on the best raptor vet and tons of tests (granted he was an idiot), he died of warfarin poison.

A raptor, ocelot, jaguar or other species of concern can ingest the poison in TX.

I'm a big fan of property rights, so if you want to use poison, will you accept a $10,000 fine for any poison hog not recovered before it harms a protected species? Exactly. Everyone wants the liberty, but not the responsibility.

I'm a big fan of finding something that works but doesn't have bicatch or secondary poisoning. Somebody needs a better plan.

I for one favor the reintroduction of jaguars into the rest of their former range. As a landowner that has hundreds of hogs on his property I don't care how the hogs are eliminated, but they need to be eliminated. They cause thousands in damage to roads and fields on my property on an annual basis and shooting 300 a year does not make a dent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.