Candles & Safari Prints

Just ordered a couple prints. Thanks!

Awesome! Thanks! I think you'll really enjoy them..

For others that ordered a couple of weeks ago.. We just tracked the package that has all the signed prints and certificates of authenticity from the artist.. it is supposed to arrive here tomorrow..

We'll unpackage, inspect everything, make sure its all good to go, divide into each individual order, and have those out and on their way to your location(s) within 48 hours after they arrive...

For anyone wondering.. from the time of order to the time we receive the prints usually takes about 2 weeks (sometimes a bit longer).. the prints dont get made at the art gallery until they are ordered.. then they have to be signed, the certificates completed, etc.. before they get shipped to us.. where they then get inspected to make sure nothing is damaged, missing, missing a signature, etc.. then they get sent to you.. so it takes a little while (but is very worth it IMO)...

@mdwest...Dave, it appears you and the wife have founded a business whether or not you meant to. Good Luck!

@mdwest...Dave, it appears you and the wife have founded a business whether or not you meant to. Good Luck!

Definitely had (have) no desire for this to become any sort of business.. but youre right.. it is certainly keeping us busy right now..

Im super happy to help Anet get "launched" (I'll say it again.. she is truly a wonderful person.. not just a wonderful artist... the world needs more people like her)... and super happy that some money and awareness is getting thrown toward animal conservation activities in South Africa in the process as well..

I like the mission and I like the product very much @mdwest . Might I suggest a new product offering for your spouse's firm? As an owner of dozens of fake candles, I'm here to anecdotally report they are a major decorator revolution. (battery operated candles that look 100% real and turn on via timers)

Would your spouse have any interest making candle containers that these battery operated candles can fit in? (Candle wrappers, effectively)

No, they don't smell good, but at 5pm every night my whole whose goes into Martha Stewart mode and candles turn on everywhere...sure wish they looked as nice as your wife's products.

I like the mission and I like the product very much @mdwest . Might I suggest a new product offering for your spouse's firm? As an owner of dozens of fake candles, I'm here to anecdotally report they are a major decorator revolution. (battery operated candles that look 100% real and turn on via timers)

Would your spouse have any interest making candle containers that these battery operated candles can fit in? (Candle wrappers, effectively)

No, they don't smell good, but at 5pm every night my whole whose goes into Martha Stewart mode and candles turn on everywhere...sure wish they looked as nice as your wife's products.

I might even know a way to make them smell good...

Im sure she wouldnt be opposed.. the "wrapper" is really just a heat resistant vessel for a candle.. it can be made from literally almost anything... even normally combustible materials like wood (you just have to treat it with fire retardant products)..

Its possible she already has a vessel that is the right dimensions to fit the battery operated candle.. if thats the case, it would be as simple as dropping in the battery operated candle, then putting the labels on it to make it look like the traditional candles..

An option to make one smell good (I would need to look into this) would be do figure out a combination "tart warmer" / battery candle (light source)..

she gets a lot of requests for tarts.. basically the same oils/scents and natural waxes that are in the candles.. but they come in little 1" squared cubes that get put over an electric heat source (battery or 110v) that causes them to melt and throw scents..

A lot of people dont like the idea of leaving a flame burning unattended.. so they use tart warmers instead...

Im wondering if someone out there isnt making a tart warming/light source combo that could be dropped into a vessel to look like a traditional candle, smell like a traditional candle, etc.. but not have an actual flame that needs to be lit or blown out..

or.. if no one is offering such a device, how difficult it would be to design and have someone build it..

Now Ive got a project to run to ground! :)

Truthfully the vessel is one of the cheapest components... depending on what someone wants they can be as inexpensive (wholesale, when bought in bulk) as $1.00 up to about $5.00 for a typical 8-12oz candle..

I'll try to get the interior dimensions of the jars she is using on the conservation candles tonight.. and then see if there isnt a pre-fab battery operated candle out there that would simply "drop in"..

Tart warmer is a great idea and I have definitely seen/smelled them before.

From what I gather from a herd of women experts on candles (spouse, mother in law, etc.) is that the brand Luminara is the real deal and everything else is junk that breaks. The luminara brand electric candles look 100% real, but operate for 200-500 hours on a couple of disposable batteries. Since they are low voltage LED, they are cordless, which precludes having them combine with the tart warmer.

They make them in all sizes, but they are far from cheap. I bought a pair of them for two kudu wall sconces in my office to insert under the porcupine quill shades. $45 for two candles in that situation.

But the challenge remains, your spouse's decorative candles are very attractive and the interest remains, but I don't need the guts, just the shell. I'd gladly buy one for my safari smoking room if she can bundle them with a luminara insert.

Dave,
Just to let you know, my candle order arrived early this week (Monday or Tuesday) and my prints were delivered yesterday. I must say, I couldn't be more pleased. Candles look and smell great and luckily, I ordered a bunch of extras that will make great gifts for mom and other family members for birthdays and anniversaries.
And the prints are simply stunning. I ordered the large size and must have been the first as my print number is 1/100. Can't wait to get them framed and on the wall. And when the new trophy building is completed, they will grace the walls of it.
Thank you again for all your efforts to make these available to all of us here at AH.
Jody

Received my prints today. Packaged with care and didn’t disappoint. Beautiful pieces! Thanks @mdwest , can’t wait to frame them and get them hung up. Well worth the wait.

Im super happy that everyone has reported how much they enjoy the prints.. I am sincere when I say Anet is not only an incredible artist (whose art value I am certain is going to rise pretty dramatically over the next few years as she continues to obtain more of a following and does more commission work), she is also one of the most wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing...

If any of the membership is making a trip over to South Africa this year, it would be worth taking a day out (or less time if youre hunting in the NW Province already) to meet Anet, check out her work in person, etc.. some of the stuff she has just hanging around (that Im not sure she thinks about much) will draw emotion out of you when you see it..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddragontiger4d

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.