Can anyone tell me what happened here?

Big 5,

Do you have the photo of that moment ??????????

Monish

Big 5,

Do you have the photo of that moment ??????????

Monish

Monish,

As mentioned previously the photo of that encounter is indelibly imprinted in my mind as an unforgettable hunting memory. Any actual photos I have are subsequent to knocking him down with a single shot from my .375 H&H. At the time I shot that bull in 1994 my well used .375 H&H was the largest caliber rifle I owned.

Prior to that hunt my intention was to purchase a larger caliber rifle. But I was assured that a well placed shot from my .375 H&H would carry an ample dose of 'lights out' medicine. I now own several rifles of a larger caliber including a vintage Rigby double in .470 NE. Yet to this day my favorite rifle remains my trusty .375 H&H. We've had some great hunting adventures together over the years and it has carried an ample dose of medicine to put the lights out on a variety of game.

Big5

Big 5,

You are a lucky hunter to have taken a pachyderm at that close range ,& with the EMPEROR of all the calibers , The 375 H&H Magnum . It must have been a hunt of your life time . I am sure you must have shot the frontal brain shot with a 300 solid .
I am a ardent fan of this most versatile caliber , & have taken maximum of my trophies with it. Big bores are very addictive , I just have added a 460 Weatherby to my collection, tremendous caliber. Have a 470 boxlock (case hardened) by J. Rigby & a .375 H&H (flanged) dbbl side lock deluxe by Hollands .

Happy hunting !!!!

Monish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IdaHendric

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.