Camp Food

ftrovato

AH elite
Joined
Apr 28, 2023
Messages
1,473
Reaction score
4,561
Location
Pennsylvania USA
Media
134
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
1
Europe
1
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Mozambique (Gaza Province)/South Africa (Eastern Cape)/Scotland/Canada/USA - 10 States
Food seems to taste better in Camp.
IMG_8749.jpeg
IMG_8533.jpeg
IMG_8460.jpeg
IMG_8252.jpeg
IMG_8205.jpeg
 
That's a good reason to go back right there.
 
So many examples could be shared...oxtail, filet of eland, sable, zebra..all you can eat sides and salads...fancy desserts. The food is truly remarkable. One of my favorite things each day is getting back to camp and being greeted by your favorite cold drink to cut the dust out of your throat. For me a cold Coke with ICE is an amazing luxury of camp life.
 
Lightly seasoned warthog bratwurst or plain old ham and cheese sandwiches suits me fine ... and my beat up guts.
 
I think the food quality in RSA is just better than what we (for the most part eat in the US) eat. When a dish with same ingredients tastes 100 times better over there than here, it's not hard to agree.
 
Lightly seasoned warthog bratwurst or plain old ham and cheese sandwiches suits me fine ... and my beat up guts.
I can't spell it, but the wood coal grilled cheese sandwiches would make a puppy pull a freight train. When I finally get around to the last installment of, "My first buffalo hunt...kinda." I'm going to do a picture roll of just food to take all my friends back to the African dinner table.
 

Braaibroodjie​

 
THERE IT IS! NOM NOM NOM!!!!
 
We were served this pillows of deliciousness along side eland filet kabobs. The eland was of course wonderfully tender and so flavorful...we ate the sandwiches first.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,980
Members
169,676
Latest member
Jeffreymorrise
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top