Caliber stamp on barrel vs customs

450 Dakota

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I have a 375 H&H Ackley Improved. The barrel is stamped 375 H&H Ack Imp. My brass is all stamped 375 H&H. Does anyone foresee issues going through customs in any of the African countries?

I consulted my Magic 8 Ball to get an answer:

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 15.57.38.png

Nothing that a few well placed Rand won't cure

Depends where you are, bring it to Australia and i can almost guarantee that if they notice it you'll get questions. Mostly because our customs have no idea about guns.

Im having a 275 rigby built currently and to avoid this exact problem i paid an exorbitant price for brass stamped 275 rigby instead of 7x57.

Can’t be 100%, but I’d say no. Have never even had my ammo looked at.

I have once. At Tambo. However, no one will notice the diff between .375 and the AI marking.

All my trips, I took customs and one had the cartridge cut in to it. The rest of them were unmarked. Never had an issue. If you're worried, take a sharpie pen and write it on.
If that doesn't work, offer to chamber a round. :whistle:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross