Caliber Choice Question, Because I'm a Weirdo

There are a number of unique calibers to choose from. It boils down to what all you intend to do with it.

22 Hornet.....I would opt for the K Hornet
220 Swift
222
22-250
32 Win Spl
32-20
38-55
307
44-40
405
444

I would suggest the 22 K Hornet, 220 Swift, 222, 38-55, and just through in the 32-20 or 32 Win Spl or 307 just for fun calibers and to stir the pot.
 
I appreciate everyone's replies! There are a lot more options than I realized and some I have never heard of. I will research many of these and make a decision eventually!
 
I have always wanted a 303. It’s just classic cool. I almost called Bailey to tell him to pick a caliber for me, so long as it was a 303 lol. In all seriousness, the ONLY reason I haven’t gone 303 is that it would compete with the 7x57 for deer hunting. Maybe that isn’t a problem but I think I want either a step up or step down in capability.
You mentioned my favourite rifle. I have a Lee Enfield .303 Mk5 No1 ( also known as a Jungle Carbine). I hunt a lot with that rifle down here in Zimbabwe (Save Valley Conservancy). No telescope, just old school and its original open iron sights. The rifle has never failed me from duikers to elands. You will never go wrong with a .303 mate!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,313
Messages
1,572,572
Members
169,586
Latest member
MichaelaTo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top