Bullet art?

dailordasailor

AH fanatic
Joined
Jan 28, 2015
Messages
521
Reaction score
625
Location
DFW, TX
Media
45
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
5
Europe
1
Hunted
South Africa, England, Scotland, Australia, USA
Not sure where to post this so started here...

I have 4 375 bullets from our hunt in australia and cant figure what to do with them... Having a buff shoulder mounted and 2 euros done. My google search didnt pop up any cool ideas. How are you guys displaying used bullets? I know i can pour them in epoxy but just a bullet in a chunk of epoxy seems boring.

Thanks,

Dale
 
I don't recover very many but I will use a thin piece of leather like a shoelace and hang them from the horn of the animal if possible. Keeps them together and tells a story. Plus you can actually handle them if needed
 
Thank you both. K-man, any pics?
 
Similar to @Hunter4752001

IMG_8943.jpg
 
Following one of the few occasions on which a bullet was recovered, I glued the bullet and an empty case onto a small board and placed it beneath the mount. Later added a small plaque engraved with the date and distance.
 
In my mind now I’m thinking drill small hole in back of bullet, epoxy in string, hang from mount. Wouldn’t call that art but it’s something lol.

Our Australian guide was big on recovering bullets. I think he just liked cutting open animals…
 
Good or bad, I have an idea, make a necklace with the recovered bullet and hang on the mount.
 
I like that. Maybe my shoulder mount needs a proper necklace
 
I’m curious about this as well, I tell the skinners I will pay them 5$ US for every bullet they recover. So far it’s cost me about 30$. I need to find something to do with them other than just laid out on a back skin.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,342
Messages
1,573,369
Members
169,743
Latest member
GemmaZink
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top