Building a do it all .22lr

The CZ's are great rifles and I almost bought one, but flipped a coin and bought a Tikka instead. Another great rifle that would most likely meet the criteria laid out above. Very accurate, handy and has heft.
I bought the Tikka also, accurate as hell and a trigger that seems to have been missed by lawyers because it is excellent as is. Try this with your Tikka, shoot a group with your most accurate ammo, pull the stock and remove the spacer in front of the receiver, reassemble and shoot a group again.

So, far, CZ is moving away from rifle production. Rimfire could possibly keep the quality in foreseeable future, but judging by the trend they are setting, it is not promissing. (CZ is becoming IPSC pistol company, and investor)
Bottom line, in that circumstances, Tikka is good choice.

96F3D499-7274-44AE-B9DF-1AB7447C1DA3.jpeg

i just bought this CZ 457 Varmint precision and interested to see how it compares to the 452’s and the Tikka. Not something I would normally buy in a RF rifle but.... damn auctions.

My Tikka T1X 20" gets used every range trip. Mostly from the sticks on a 6" swinger at 100 meters and the club's 12" gong at 165 Yards.

Add a 30 MOA rail, a scope you can dial, (target turrets), and it's good to 225 yards with decent ammo. (Federal Auto Match in my case). And 325 on a really calm day (and a bigger target).

An old 22 match shooter I get tips from is fond of CZs - and has several.

Thanks, but I will stick with this Winchester M61 that my grand son is shooting in the picture.

This rifle has won many turkey shoots, killed many prairie dogs, brought many cotton tails to the dinner table, killed many barn rats, and punctured innumerable old metal cans and helped train some kids to shoot.
I know it too well to desert it now.
Besides, I already have rifles to shoot running pigs, boars and sows.

Attachments

• 53184_600x400.jpg
    53184_600x400.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 54

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.