Buffalo pics

Jared640

AH veteran
Joined
May 11, 2024
Messages
100
Reaction score
208
Media
3
1000013899.jpg
Screenshot_20240824_103808_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240824_103758_Gallery.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!
How are you thinking of mounting it?
 
Simple yet striking pedestal mount. This is how I am getting mine done as we speak.

Image1724681925.218580.jpg
 
Second pic looks like you’re riding it like a horse.

Nice, and with a bow!
 
Congrats! What’s your setup? Draw weight? Arrow grains?
 
Congrats! What’s your setup? Draw weight? Arrow grains?
Thank you sir. 75lb mathews lift. 29.5 inch draw. Black eagle rampage arrows with weighted inserts and an 250 grain iron will buff. Total arrow weight of 850 grains 20% front of center. Straight up the leg center of the shoulder pass through. Watched him fall inside 50 yards

Screenshot_20240828_121540_Gallery.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic
Congratulations
It's a great sperimen and you did in the most challenging way
Also with a "still doable" poundage, definitely meaning that perfect arrow placement and bow tuning are the keys
Super
 
Nice! I'm planning a hunt for water buffalo next month and I'll be building some heavy arrows in the next week or so.
 
So after a LOT of online reading, I've been convinced that high FOC doesn't increase penetration but is rather a byproduct of heavy arrows that tend to have most of the weight up front. I'm going to try and build mine heavy with high but not excessive FOC. Wish me luck as I have a pretty short draw length.
 
To the OP ...I am admittedly jealous ...OK envious. Your Buff is my dream buff with all of the characteristics I am looking for ..love the drop it has. Where was it taken?
 
To the OP ...I am admittedly jealous ...OK envious. Your Buff is my dream buff with all of the characteristics I am looking for ..love the drop it has. Where was it taken?
Thank you I have wanted to hunt buffalo for years. Limpopo right on the Botswana boarder
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,316
Messages
1,572,698
Members
169,605
Latest member
ArthurGag
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top