Buffalo Hunt

Here is something I thought of related to gear. I intend on wearing long pants for the hunt. Do you suggest I wear gaiters? Not that I would mind buying a pair and having them on hand but part of me wonders are they necessary and also I don't want to be "that guy" looking like "Mr. Safari" with all the garb even though it is not necessary. Not that I care what I look like, especially in the bush but I have been in camp with "Mr. Safari" guy who seemed to be more worried about looking and acting the part than being a genuine fun person in camp.
It depends. I wear gaiters with long pants and low top boots to keep grass and seeds out but also so my pants don’t ride up on the boot top. If I wear boots that come up a little higher so pants always easily fall over top them and cover up the laces I see no need. Depends on the boots you wear on your hunt.

Don’t ask me why I take these photos on safari. I’m wondering why now myself lol. But example of gaiters needed vs not needed to keep pant leg riding up and grass getting in.
IMG_5738.jpeg
IMG_5737.jpeg
 
I prefer to wear cheap wrangler cargo pants and buy them about 4” longer than my inseam. This does stack the pant on top of the boot but keeps the critters from getting up the pant leg. No gaiters for me.
 
I usually wear gaiters. Grass seeds in socks drive me nuts.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,572,994
Members
169,680
Latest member
lawyjawy
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top