Buff dagga boy non exportable

Nachowild

New member
Joined
Jan 11, 2021
Messages
9
Reaction score
25
Media
1
Hello everyone,

My name is Nacho. I'm from Argentina, and for the past few years I've been working in Thailand as the head vet at a polo club. I kept my old Brno ZKK 602 in .300 Win Mag just as it was, and I put it up for sale last week. I still haven't had the chance to hunt in Africa, so I'm planning my first trip.

**The plan**
- One old, non-trophy dagga boy. I hunt for the experience, not for inches, and I won't be exporting anything.
- A 7 to 10 day, 1x1 tracking hunt on foot, in open country. Ideally in a CAMPFIRE area with local communities, and with a PH who is actively hunting there.
- No luxury needed. I'm 36, fit, used to walking all day, and happy with a fly camp or basic tent. The meat should go to the community.
- Timing: September 2027, but I'm flexible on dates, so cancellation hunts are welcome.
- Rifle: I'd like to rent a brno ZKK 602 in .375 H&H, since I'm familiar with that action and its balance.
- Travel: I'd fly in with Ethiopian via Addis Ababa, to Victoria Falls, Harare or Bulawayo.
- Budget: around US$10,000–12,000 for the hunt, all in.

**My questions**
1. Is Zimbabwe the right choice for this kind of hunt? If so, which areas would you recommend: Matetsi, Hwange communal lands, Omay, the Zambezi Valley, or somewhere else?
2. Can you recommend an independent PH or a small, family-run outfit there? I'd much rather deal directly with the person who will be hunting with me than with a big office.
3. If you think another country fits better (for example Namibia's Zambezi region or Mozambique), I'm open to suggestions.

PHs are welcome to message me directly with 2027 rates, and hunter references are much appreciated.

I'm also a veterinarian. If it would be of any use, I'd be glad to volunteer a few days with the local community's livestock, alongside the district vet. No strings attached, just a way to give something back to the place that hosts me.

Thanks in advance, and good hunting to all!
 
For what you are looking for Namibia’s Caprivi is a better option. They have own-use/non-exportable buffalo as part of the quota. A few areas in Zimbabwe have exportable non-trophy buffalo, but most of the areas you suggested buffalo quota is just buffalo quota (no designations for exportable or non-exportable or trophy or non-trophy). I’d also be extremely careful with your budget in Zimbabwe. There are several very marginal heavily poached areas that would fit your budget. The quality areas cost money to hunt and are run by professional companies based in Zimbabwe (not South Africa).
 
Nacho,

I'm not trying to be wise guy, but your budget does not come close to what a buffalo hunt with a reputable safari operator is going to cost these days. I'm in the business and the closest I can come to your budget is $14,500 with several extras. If you find a hunt for the price, you're willing to pay be very careful. There will have to be hitch.

My advice is to wait a year and squirrel away some more cash.

Mark
 
Hello MHYOUNG, thanks for your response. The tips of course are not included, neither the tickets to get to there.

I will do this hunt on September 2027, with the money I'm willing to spend. I found several options on 15k with exportable trophy and high end "glamping" accommodations.

I'm curious, where do you offer your hunts? Remember is not exportable trophy, and I'm not looking for any luxury during my hunt. Flexible dates and an old brno zkk 602 on 375 for rent. I have all my extra gear with me (binoculars, belt, camping gear if needs)

Would you give me your rates and conditions please?

Thanks in advance

Nacho
 
Nacho,

I'm an agent representing operators all over Africa. I'm not allowed to advertise on the Africahunting.com.

I will tell you this. The accommadations usually reflect how good the operator is doing and how good his area is. Also the non-export really has little effecton the price. In most cases you'll find the operator has X amount of buffalo on quota period.

I think you can find a farm buffalo in RSA for your budget but I don't think that is what you are looking for.

Mark
 
Nacho,

I'm not trying to be wise guy, but your budget does not come close to what a buffalo hunt with a reputable safari operator is going to cost these days. I'm in the business and the closest I can come to your budget is $14,500 with several extras. If you find a hunt for the price, you're willing to pay be very careful. There will have to be hitch.

My advice is to wait a year and squirrel away some more cash.

Mark
If he cuts his expectations down to 5-7 days his budget does fit an own-use buffalo in Caprivi.
 
I will do this hunt on September 2027, with the money I'm willing to spend. I found several options on 15k with exportable trophy and high end "glamping" accommodations.

I'm curious, where do you offer your hunts? Remember is not exportable trophy, and I'm not looking for any luxury during my hunt. Flexible dates and an old brno zkk 602 on 375 for rent. I have all my extra gear with me (binoculars, belt, camping gear if needs)

Would you give me your rates and conditions please?

Thanks in advance

Nacho
I think you have some misconceptions about Africa. It’s not the big place it once was. It’s islands of protected land surrounded by people. Most hunting areas and camp locations have been established 20-30+ years. Even “basic” camps will typically have some form of running water, nice tent accommodations with daily laundry, and a well trained cook and camp staff. Bringing your own camping gear isn’t saving money. The inexpensive areas (with exception to own use hunts in Caprivi) are typically fringe areas subject to heavy poaching where you’ll hope buffalo cross in from the better area sometime during your hunt. South Africans in particular have a bad reputation for overselling poor areas in Zimbabwe (foreign country) using less reputable zim PHs. Sometimes using photos of trophies and camps from other areas. $15k would be the starting point for a quality buffalo hunt in Zimbabwe. +/- $20k would be more standard for a pre-booked hunt a year or more in advance. Unsuccessful cheap hunts or cheap hunts filled with problems become expensive hunts when you have to write it off as a learning experience to learn for your next hunt.

If Caprivi doesn’t interest you something like this in South Africa might be a better fit for you if pricing is one of biggest considerations.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,277
Messages
1,570,363
Members
168,877
Latest member
AidaDicks5
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top