Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I just wanted to highlight this Conservancy for all who care about African wildlife. I may be the the last to know, but I just found out about this remarkable place; another post on AH lead to to their website. I highly recommend everyone who is not familiar with this place to go there now.

http://bubyevalleyconservancy.com/

I especially encourage any person who is opposed to trophy hunting to give this site your open-minded and careful review. Tell your friends, and donate to the cause.

No doubt the Bubye is a special place.

Good Stuff... Thanks for posting. I shared it on FB...Nice to see successful conservancy

I will be curious to see if they sell out the raffle tickets? And if they do, it would be interesting to know how many are bought by hunter vs. Non-hunter.

I will be curious to see if they sell out the raffle tickets? And if they do, it would be interesting to know how many are bought by hunter vs. Non-hunter.

I kinda wish it was 1,000 at $150 a pop.

Kathy would ok that...$1,500 gets the hard swallow impulse going!

I hunted in the BVC in May 2015 and the number of animals was incredible, especially when you consider it's 800,000+ acres. A real success story in Zim!

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. :A Banana:

Nice option to let the ANTI's Pony up and "SAVE" the Lion.

PUT UP, OR SHUT THE $%^& UP! :K Moon:

I think that a problem with the anti's putting up some money for the photo safari is the same as a lot of us hunters have.

I know that I can't afford $1500 for a 1:100 chance of drawing a hunt and a lot of the anti hunting people that I actually know couldn't afford it either.

I think that a problem with the anti's putting up some money for the photo safari is the same as a lot of us hunters have.

I know that I can't afford $1500 for a 1:100 chance of drawing a hunt and a lot of the anti hunting people that I actually know couldn't afford it either.

I'm not going to put up $1500 on a raffle either personally.

Thing about the antis though is that it doesn't matter individually if they win since they just want to save the lion, right? So in other words, they could pool their money for one ticket. 30 people at $50 would be one entry.

:A Clapping:$1500 a ticket.....I'm fine with the antis buying them all up.

This is a nice offer to have a chance at a great to go on safari to hunt a truly wild Lion.

If you elect to not purchase a chance to win this great offer that is your choice.

However statements like "I can't afford" is letting us know that this was not a priority of your.

If purchasing a chance/ticket was a priority, we all could find a way to save and purchase a chance/ticket.

This should be a quality hunt.

very nice to see this happen. A way to show if the anti's will back up there talk with dollars.

I know I cant afford to throw 1500 at a chance but hope some lucky hunter does and wins the chance.

Anyone having a problem with people saying they cant afford this should get a clue on how some people maybe living now a days. I may want to save the world but sure as hell dont have the money to do.

Hopefully, the publicity provided by the Telegraph's article (and other social media) will encourage non-hunters to access (either out of frustration, anger, or just curiosity) the BVC's website. The BVC has an incredible wildlife conservation story (funded entirely by hunter's dollars) to tell. Former cattle ranch converted to a wildlife ranch, third largest black rhino population, Zim's largest lion population, increasing elephant population, ongoing lion research, effective anti-poaching initiatives, etc. Hey Pieter Scat, Johnny Rodriquez, Sir Richard, Brigitte Anne-Marie Bardot, why don't y'all purchase the 100 raffle tickets? It's time for you and your "keyboard conservationist" ilk to "walk the walk". Just say'n!

Last edited:
I'm sure it will be a great hunt and around $100000+ will go to a good cause minus the general expenses.

I hope that an American big game hunter wins the raffle and then proceeds with option #2 (tranquilize and collar). Then The Telegraph or Guardian can write an article entitled "American Trophy Hunter Pays $150,000 to Shoot An Iconic Lion Named Jonathan". An American trophy hunter paid $150,000 to shoot (with a tranquilizer gun) an iconic wild ion affectionately named Jonathan. On Monday, Jonathan was immobilized with a tranquilizer gun, collared, DNA samples taken, critical data obtained (weight, length, etc.), and then administered an antidote. The $150,000 paid by the American trophy hunter will be used to fund an ongoing lion research currently being conducted on the world renown Bubye Valley Conservancy. Since it's startup over 20 years ago, the BVC's wild lion population has increased over 2800% (from 17 to 500 wild lion). In addition to an ever increasing wild lion population, the BVC boasts the world's third largest black rhino population, a thriving elephant population, etc.

Last edited:
Why can't it be a South African Big Game Hunter?? :D

Why can't it be a South African Big Game Hunter?? :D

Bruce, this is true! I inserted the word "American" since we American big game hunters seem to be hated and despised (thanks to an infamous American dentist) more than other international big game hunters. "South African Big Game Hunter" works for me. Cheers! :A Way To Go:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindaParte

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.